The Xeno-Basher is a melee weapon that shocks enemies, dealing 2 damage points. It has a longer range than the Xeno-Zapper.
When attacking, it is swung like a sword, leaving blue trails midair, but only produces a shock when it makes contact with an enemy. The Xeno-Basher can be swung once by using the attack key (default: Left click) or quickly swung twice, in a back and forth manner, with a double-click to the attack key.
It can be crafted at the Equipment Workshop after completing the Tier 4 Milestone "Improved Melee Combat".
When fighting fast moving creatures, like Flying Crab, Stinger or Fluffy-tailed Hog, it is advised to use the Xeno-Basher over the Rebar Gun as it is more effective up close.
- It was originally called the Shock Baton in the alpha.
- A small wrench key chain dangles from the hand guard and swings around loosely as the weapon is swung. Shocks continually travel up the center of the weapon like a Jacob's Ladder.
- It is believed the damage dealt by the Xeno-Basher is reduced if only its tip hits the target.
- Second swing of the two-hit combo attack deals significantly more damage than the first one.
- A Xeno-Basher cannot damage more than 1 creature in a swing attack. Be wary when dealing with groups of Hogs.
- Patch 0.1.5 (experimental): changed crafting cost from 200 Wire to 500 Wire