|Default extraction rate:|
120 m3 (120k liters) per minute.
Head Lift: 10 meters.
(Allows fluids to be transported 10 meters upwards.)
Extracts water from the body of water it is built on. Note that the water needs to be deep enough and rivers do not commonly suffice.
|Unlocked at||Tier 3 - Coal Power|
|Power Usage||20 MW|
|Height||Underwater : 9 m|
Above water : 17 m
Total: 26 m
Construction[edit | edit source]
- The building hitbox is about 20 m x 19.5 m, however the space required to place it down is 25 m x 25 m. Thus, it is recommended to build the Water Extractor first, then build the Foundations (if desired) around it.
- It cannot be snapped to Foundations (or any other building), regardless if the Foundation is built above water or underwater.
- Sometimes, it can be difficult to place the Water Extractor down due to the depth of the water and the view angle. It is advised to stand on higher elevation such as on a Lookout Tower or ladders before building the Extractors.
Water depth[edit | edit source]
- Water Extractors must be built on deep water. When building it, a warning will display if the target water is too shallow. Rivers are usually considered shallow water.
- Water Extractors need a vertical clearance of at least 9 meters below the water surface. This refers to man-made buildings only. For example, if a Foundation is located 9 meters below the water level, an extractor can then be built above it.
- There are exceptions: as the deep water area classified by the internal game code does not totally match the terrain appearance, there are some areas where Water Extractor cannot be built on them, in which case one must find another water source. However, there are some areas where you can build water extractors despite possessing an inadequate depth of water, or no water at all.
- There is a workaround with underwater Stackable Conveyor Poles, see below.
Disallowed areas[edit | edit source]
Snapping[edit | edit source]
While staying above ground, it can be difficult to align Water Extractors as there are no snapping points. If one desires the Water Extractor to snap to something, the following method can be applied. Please note: A Jetpack is required.
- Build a stack of Stackable Conveyor Poles underwater, preferably on an underwater Foundation at least 11 meters deep, up to the water surface, then climb down the ladder to the bottom of the body of water. Tap ↓ slowly to avoid swimming away.
- Remove 1 or 2 Stackable Conveyor Poles from the top and aim the hologram of the Water Extractor at the water surface. A point 3.75 meters away from the center of the Water Extractor will be snapped to the center point. This is 0.5 meters from the side surface of the ladder, or 1.5 meters from the center of the ladder. Refer to the diagram.
- If you leave the ladder while in this state, you won't be floating in the water and can die of fall damage. Use the Jetpack to re-surface. If you are already on the waterbed, pressing the jump key will also return you to the swimming state.
- The Water Extractor pipe outlet is not at its center. It is offset by 0.75 meters to the left, so it won't align with the 1-meter grids on Foundations.
- The center of the Water Extractor pipe outlet is positioned at 2.5 meters above the water level.
Head lift[edit | edit source]
A Water Extractor provides a head lift of 10 meters, measured from the center point of its pipe outlet.
Overclocking[edit | edit source]
|# of Shards||Overclock %||Water||Power usage|
|0||50%||60 m3||6.6 MW|
|0||100%||120 m3||20 MW|
|1||150%||180 m3||38.8 MW|
|2||200%||240 m3||60.6 MW|
|3||250%||300 m3||86.6 MW|
|# of Extractors||Power Shards
|Coal Generators sustained||Water extracted||Power consumed||Pipes needed|
|1||1||4||180 m3||38.3 MW||1|
|3||0||8||360 m3||60 MW||2|
|3||2||16||720 m3||181.8 MW||3|
|3||3||20||900 m3||259.8 MW||3|
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.4: Now should be place-able again in water with enough depth
- Patch 0.3.4.3: Now should be place-able again in more locations (there are still some issues)
- Patch 0.3.4.0: This patch made Water Extractors no longer snap to the water surface, making them impossible to place.
- Patch 0.3.3.0: The fluid display now shows the correct amount
- Patch 0.3.2.1: Now should no longer be upgradable to Geothermal Generators
- Patch 0.3.2.0: Now should no longer be disconnected from water on load when the water volume has been replaced
- Patch 0.3.0.1: Fixed some water volumes on the map causing the Water Extractor to stop outputting. Affected Water Extractors will have to be rebuilt
- Patch 0.3: Introduced
See also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Image of the Water Extractor shown in the Update 3 Trailer
Water Extractors involved in Aluminum production.