|This article is a stub. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
|Default extraction rate:|
120 m3 (120k liters) per minute.
Head Lift: 10 meters.
(Allows fluids to be transported 10 meters upwards.)
Extracts water from the body of water it is built on. Note that the water needs to be deep enough and rivers do not commonly suffice.
|Unlocked at||Tier 3 - Coal Power|
|Power Usage||20 MW|
|Height||Underwater : 9 m|
Above water : 17 m
Total: 26 m
Construction[edit | edit source]
- The building hitbox is about 20 m x 19.5 m, however the space required to place it down is 25 m x 25 m. Thus, it is recommended to build the Water Extractor first, then build the Foundations (if desired) around it.
- It cannot be snapped to Foundations (or any other building), regardless if the Foundation is built above water or underwater.
- Sometimes, it can be difficult to place the Water Extractor down due to the depth of the water and the view angle. It is advised to stand on higher elevation such as on a Lookout Tower or ladders before building the Extractors.
Water depth[edit | edit source]
- Water Extractors must be build on deep water. When building it, the screen will display a warning if the target water is too shallow. Rivers are usually considered shallow water.
- Water Extractors need a vertical clearance at least 9 meters below the water surface. This refers to man-made buildings only. For example, if a Foundation is located 9 meters below the water level, an extractor can then be build above it.
- There are exceptions: as the deep water area classified by the internal game code does not totally match the terrain appearance, there are some areas where Water Extractor cannot be built on them, in that case just find other area. On the other hand, for some area you can build water extractors despite the water is not deep or there is no water at all.
- There is a work around with underwater Stackable Conveyor Pole: see below.
List of prohibited area[edit | edit source]
- West of the Oil Islands coast.
- (If found more, please add here)
Snapping[edit | edit source]
- While staying above ground, it can be difficult to align Water Extractors as there is no snapping points.
- If insist to do so, first equip a Jetpack.
- Build a stack of Stackable Conveyor Pole underwater, preferably on an underwater Foundation at least 11 meters deep, up to the water surface, then climb down the ladder to the underwater. Tap ↓ slowly to avoid swimming away.
- Remove the 1 or 2 Stackable Conveyor Pole from the top and aim the hologram of the Water Extractor at the water surface. A point 3.75 meters away from the center of the Water Extractor will be snapped to the center point of you, which is 0.5 meters from the side surface of the ladder, or 1.5 meters from the center of the ladder. Refer to the diagram.
- If you leave the ladder while in this state, you won't be floating in the water and can be die of fall damage. Use the Jetpack to re-surface. If you are already on the seabed, pressing the jump key will also return you to the swimming state.
- The Water Extractor pipe outlet is not at its center. It is offset by 0.75 meters to the left, so it won't align with the 1-meter grids on Foundations.
Head lift[edit | edit source]
The Water Extractor has a recommended head lift of 10 meters. It can still output water up to 12 meters maximum head lift, with slightly reduced flow. As it lacks a head lift gauge, the only way to check its head lift is by interacting with Pipelines to check if the water is flowing.
Overclocking[edit | edit source]
Water Extractors can be overclocked by using Power Shards. This increases its output rate at the cost of greatly increased power demand.
|100 %||150 %||200 %||250 %|
|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "The information below need verification."
|# of Extractors||Power Shards
|Plants Sustained||Water Generated||Power Consumed||Pipes Needed|
|1||1||4||180 m3||38.3 MW||1|
|3||0||8||360 m3||60 MW||2|
|# of Shards||Overclock %||Water||Power Use||Optimal Water Use|
|2||188%||225.6m3||54.9 MW||5 Plants|
|3||225%||270m3||73.2 MW||6 Plants|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Image of the water extractor shown in the Update 3 Trailer
Water Extractors involved in Aluminum production.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.4: Now should be place-able again in water with enough depth
- Patch 0.3.4.3: Now should be place-able again in more locations (there are still some issues)
- Patch 0.3.4.0: This patch made Water Extractors no longer snap to the water surface, making them impossible to place.
- Patch 0.3.3.0: The fluid display now shows the correct amount
- Patch 0.3.2.1: Now should no longer be upgradable to Geothermal Generators
- Patch 0.3.2.0: Now should no longer be disconnected from water on load when the water volume has been replaced
- Patch 0.3.0.1: Fixed some water volumes on the map causing the Water Extractor to stop outputting. Affected Water Extractors will have to be rebuilt
- Patch 0.3: Introduced
Reference[edit | edit source]