|Locomotives can be set to drive and stop at the train station.|
You can connect power to the train station to power up the train on the railway as well as transport power to the other stations.
|Unlocked at||Tier 6 - Monorail Train Technology|
|Power Usage||50 MW|
Train Stations must be constructed prior to tracks, as it comes with its own station track. It provides a snapping point for Freight Platforms and is necessary for them to function.
Direction[edit | edit source]
Train Stations are directional, which is indicated by arrows on the platform and the construction hologram. Trains on autopilot will only stop at the station in the specified direction, passing through when going opposite.
Attached Freight Platforms can be rotated either way.
Building[edit | edit source]
- A fully-functional Train Station includes a Train Station, and a combination of Freight Platform and / or Fluid Freight Platform and Empty Platform. A multiple-locomotive train only needs a Train station to stop.
- As Freight Platform (and its fluid variant) must snap to a Train Station or other rail platforms, it is impossible to split a train station into segment: it must be in a continuous straight line.
- If a platform is removed from a middle of the train station, the remaining platforms not connected to the train station will not load / unload. It resumes to function if the platforms are reconnected to a station.
- Dismantling any part of the station while a train is docking will cause all the train cars to be compressed to the available rail space next to it.
Docking[edit | edit source]
- Trains on autopilot will automatically dock upon arriving at the station. Manually driven trains can be docked by positioning the first locomotive at the station, stopping, and then choosing the "Dock" option in the self-driving menu.
- This will cause all freight cars to simultaneously un/load based on the setting in each attached Freight Platform, assuming there are items to move and space for them to be moved to. The un/loading animation takes 25 seconds.
- If there is nothing to load/unload, the animation will not be played. The train will instead stop and then immediately proceed, or when driven manually, do nothing when the "Dock" option is pressed.
- No partial loading / unloading if the remaining space is less than a stack of item. For example, if the freight platform left half a stack of iron ore before fully filled, there will still be no unloading from the freight car.
- No manual interaction with the Freight Platform and Freight Cars is allowed during automatic loading / unloading of the cargo.
- All belts connected to a freight platform are paused for the 25-seconds during loading and unloading.
Power[edit | edit source]
- A Train Station always consumes 50 MW regardless if a Train is docking or not.
Hints[edit | edit source]
In the train station UI, a total of 5 hints can appear below the station name. The hint is chosen randomly when the UI is opened. These are:
- Please mind the gap between the train and the platform.
- Be sure to have your FICSIT badge ready at all times.
- FICSIT and its affiliates are not responsible for any delays caused by any reason, including but not limited to; hog attacks, biomass on track, oncoming trains, collisions, nuclear meltdowns or general situational derailment.
- Have an efficient day!
- Don't leave any unattended crates on the platform.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.2.1.17:
- Train AI has changed. Trains now try to slow down to 15 km/h before approaching a station, then come to a full stop once reaching it. Trains are now forcefully stopped no matter their speed if not capable of braking sufficiently.
- Integrated train track of the station is now free.
- Patch 0.2.1.10: Fixed small name input bug.
- Patch 0.2.1.4: Now appears on the map, LOD updated.
- Patch 0.2.1.3: Fixed related crash.
- Patch 0.1.19: Updated visuals, now shows station name. Added power warnings and support legs.
- Patch 0.1.17 (101256): Power graph fixed, UI updated. Foundation 8m x 1m introduced to match platform height.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the E3 trailer, train stations were much closer to Truck Stations by appearance. They would be seemingly placed over the existing track, allowing the track to be slightly curved.
- Some UI elements still feature the old design of trains (prior to Update 2), especially the locomotive.
- When building train stations, default station names are given based on real world station names or Station N, where N is a number. When the number of stations built exceeds 200, all the station built afterwards will be named as 'Train Simulator'.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Interact with a Train Station and name it for easier identification.
See also[edit | edit source]