|Locomotives can be set to drive and stop at the train station.|
You can connect power to the train station to power up the train on the railway as well as transport power to the other stations.
|Unlocks at||Tier 6
|Power Usage||50 MW|
Train Stations must be constructed prior to tracks, as it comes with its own station track. It provides a snapping point for Freight Platforms and is necessary for them to function.
Direction[edit | edit source]
Train Stations are directional, which is indicated by arrows on the platform and the construction hologram. Trains on autopilot will only stop at the station in the specified direction, passing through when going opposite.
Attached Freight Platforms can be rotated either way.
Docking[edit | edit source]
- Trains on autopilot will automatically dock upon arriving at the station. Manually driven trains can be docked by positioning the first locomotive at the station, stopping, and then choosing the "Dock" option in the self-driving menu.
- This will cause all freight cars to simultaneously un/load based on the setting in each attached Freight Platform, assuming there are items to move and space for them to be moved to. The un/loading animation takes 25 seconds.
- If there is nothing to load/unload, the animation will not be played. The train will instead stop and then immediately proceed, or when driven manually, do nothing when the "Dock" option is pressed.
Hints[edit | edit source]
In the train station UI, a total of 5 hints can appear below the station name. The hint is chosen randomly when the UI is opened. These are:
- Please mind the gap between the train and the platform.
- Be sure to have your FICSIT badge ready at all times.
- FICSIT and its affiliates are not responsible for any delays caused by any reason, including but not limited to; hog attacks, biomass on track, oncoming trains, collisions, nuclear meltdowns or general situational derailment.
- Have an efficient day!
- Don't leave any unattended crates on the platform.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.2.1.17:
- Train AI has changed. Trains now try to slow down to 15 km/h before approaching a station, then come to a full stop once reaching it. Trains are now forcefully stopped no matter their speed if not capable of braking sufficiently.
- Integrated train track of the station is now free.
- Patch 0.2.1.10: Fixed small name input bug.
- Patch 0.2.1.4: Now appears on the map, LOD updated.
- Patch 0.2.1.3: Fixed related crash.
- Patch 0.1.19: Updated visuals, now shows station name. Added power warnings and support legs.
- Patch 0.1.17 (101256): Power graph fixed, UI updated. Foundation 8m x 1m introduced to match platform height.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the E3 trailer, train stations were much closer to Truck Stations by appearance. They would be seemingly placed over the existing track, allowing the track to be slightly curved.
- Some UI elements still feature the old design of trains (prior to Update 2), especially the locomotive.
See also[edit | edit source]