|This article is a stub. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
|The heart of your factory. This is where you complete FICSIT milestones to unlock additional blueprints of buildings, vehicles, parts, equipment etc.|
|Unlocks at||From the beginning
|Power Usage||0 MW|
1 × HUB Parts
The HUB, or "Habitat and Utility Base", is the heart of the factory and the first structure constructed by the Engineer. It is the base of operations. Initially only containing a Craft Bench and the HUB Terminal, it can be upgraded as the Engineer progresses along the Milestones in Tier 0. The completed HUB, in addition, contains 2 small biomass burners, a FICSIT Freighter and a living quarter.
The HUB also functions as the Engineers' respawn point and as their main progression tool, with the provided HUB Terminal allowing engineers to advance through Tier 0 to Tier 7 of milestones.
HUB Terminal[edit | edit source]
The HUB Terminal is the place where engineers select tier milestones and input the materials (by shift-clicking the required material in your inventory) required to complete any active Milestones. There are currently 8 tiers for the Engineer to progress through: Tier 0 to Tier 7.
Note that you can select a Milestone, just turn in a part of the required materials, select another milestone and do the same without finishing the milestone right away, then focus on producing more advanced components. In doing so, the HUB Terminal will keep the already delivered parts for when you'll want to complete any previously partly fulfilled tasks. This can be useful in the early game when storage space is limited.
- Continue reading: Milestones
Attached Biomass Burners[edit | edit source]
- Initially the HUB does not contain any Biomass Burner.
- The first biomass burner is available at Tier 0: HUB Upgrade 2. Do take note the Power Pole is unlocked at Tier 0: HUB Upgrade 3 which allows multiple connections.
- The second biomass burner is available at Tier 0: HUB Upgrade 5.
- The attached biomass burner only provides 20 MW power, and the fuel fed into those also last proportionally longer.
- The Engineer could build additional stand-alone Biomass Burners at Tier 0: HUB Upgrade 6. Each provides 30 MW but consumes fuel 50% faster.
FICSIT Freighter[edit | edit source]
- The FICSIT Freighter is unlocked at Tier 0: Hub Upgrade 6. Right after being unlocked, it will descend from space and dock at the HUB where it will wait to be launched into space upon milestone completion and will return to the HUB after some time. The FICSIT Freighter countdown counters can be found on the top right of the Engineers' main screen and in the HUB Terminal.
- Scattered around the world you may find crashed FICSIT Freighter which do not belong to your HUB, and they contain Hard Drive for M.A.M. research.
Living Quarter[edit | edit source]
- The living quarter is located between the biomass burner and the HUB terminal.
- All the living quarters amenities as of early access edition, are mere decorations (i.e. bunk beds, toilets, cupboards, pantry, operation SCADA-HMI terminal desk) and do not serve any purpose.
Building and Relocation[edit | edit source]
- The HUB is the first unlocked building and it must be built before other buildings become available.
- In a multiplayer game, all players share the same HUB. It can be dismantled and rebuilt to allow relocation.
- Dismantling the HUB refunds its resources: HUB Parts.
- A rebuilt HUB will retain all upgrades and milestones.
- Only one HUB can be built, even if the engineer happens to have multiple HUB Parts through any means.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the Freighter launch, it is possible for the Engineer to stand on it and be slingshot to a very high altitude, from which the Engineer will be able to see the entire map. Deaths and game crashes have been reported.
- The Freighter is able to fly through the foundations built above it.
- After completion of the launch animation, and prior to descending back down to the HUB, it is possible to see the Freighter hovering distantly in the sky. During the day, it appears as a gray speck (see image below). At night, it is visible as a flickering light approximately the size of a star. It is unclear whether this is intentional (as a representation of the Freighter "unloading" its cargo to an orbital FICSIT facility), or simply a graphical glitch. It is also unclear whether this is visible at every graphical setting (initially confirmed on Ultra settings).
- The Freighter does not appear to despawn while on Milestone cooldown.
- During the Freighter landing, if the engineer stands at the Freighter docking position, it is possible to get stuck below the Freighter. To escape, dismantle the HUB.
- You can target the Hub Terminal, the integrated Personal Storage Box or the Craft Bench with the dismantle tool. Nothing happens if you actually try to dismantle them.
- Internally, the HUB is also referred to as "TradingPost".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The HUB Terminal can be used to unlock Milestones.
Comparison between 2 models of Biomass Burners: Left: stand-alone. Right: attached to the HUB.