Stingers are spider-like creatures found in mostly caves and jungles. They move very swiftly and come in elite, large, small and tiny varieties.
|This article is a stub. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
|A small spider-like creature|
|A large spider-like creature|
Small Stingers are the most common. Large Stinger, which is a larger variation, occurs more frequently in caves and later-game biomes, often surrounded by multiple smaller Stingers. Occasionally, a tiny Stinger smaller than the "small" variety can be found.
Elite Stingers can be found in the swamp area of the Red Jungle (elevated center part of the map) and also in Caves, they have even more health than the Large Stinger and can emit Poison Gas.
Activating the "Arachnophobia mode" option replaces the stinger models with various images of cats with an animated hologram filter, to make the stinger visuals more palatable for those with arachnophobia (Experimental: Additionally, when Arachnophobia mode is enabled their movement sound is silenced and their attack/idle sounds are replaced by cat sounds (loud meows)).
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Stingers aggressively attack Engineers (or, sometimes other creatures such as Hogs) by either leaping or clawing at them. These attacks can knock unsuspecting engineers out of their vehicles (verification needed). Large and Elite stingers deal 30 damage per attack and the smaller ones deal 10 damage.
Stingers make scuttling insect-like sounds when moving. Stingers tend to zigzag when moving, attempting to distract the engineers. This can be potentially dangerous when they are attacking in groups.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Construct a Lookout Tower or at least 4 stacked 4m Foundations to avoid their attacks.
- Melee attacks are not recommended, especially if multiple Stingers attack at once. Use the Rifle or Nobelisks (or Rebar Gun in early-game), best with the tip above.
- The cat sprites that show when Arachnophobia mode is enabled do not dim and can always be seen clearly even in dark environments. This can be useful to get notified of their presence.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
An image of a Large Stinger with Arachnophobia mode active.
Ingame graphics with Arachnophobia mode active
Ingame graphics with Arachnophobia mode OFF - note the yellow drop, which is the only visible difference.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3: Now make cat sounds when Arachnophobia mode is enabled.
- Patch 0.1.16: Minor tweaks to the Elite Stinger.
- Patch 0.1.15: Introduced the Elite Stinger to the Red Jungle.
- Patch 0.1.14: Fixed an on load crash related to the Small Stinger.
- Patch 0.1.5: Added LODs. Now drops Alien Organs.
References[edit | edit source]