|Funnel resources to complete Project Assembly. Completing stages here allows you to unlock later tiers of milestones in the HUB.|
|Unlocks at||Tier 0-Hub Upgrade 5
|Power Usage||0 MW|
|“||That’s why you’re sent to that planet. You [have] to build this thing, you construct this giant space elevator and you funnel resources into it in a few stages. You can finish [Satisfactory] and get to the end and press the ‘I Win’ button.||„|
|~ Oscar Jilsén|
The Space Elevator is a large structure related to the game-end objective, "Project Assembly". It must be constructed and then be used to send resources into orbit. Each delivery unlocks 2 higher Tiers of Milestones.
It can be visible from all parts of the world, making it a useful landmark for navigation.
Project Assembly phases[edit | edit source]
|Phase||Name||Upgrade Cost||Tier(s) unlocked|
|1||Platform||50 Smart Plating||Tiers 3 and 4|
|2||Framework||500 Smart Plating
100 Automated Wiring
|Tiers 5 and 6|
|3||Systems||2 500 Versatile Framework
500 Modular Engine
|Tiers 7 and 8|
Building and Relocation[edit | edit source]
The engineer must construct the space elevator to unlock Tier 3 and above. Only one Space Elevator can be built in a game; however, it can be dismantled and relocated without losing progress at any time if the player wishes to.
Once an item has been loaded into the elevator, it cannot be retrieved.
In a multiplayer game, the Space Elevator is shared among all players.
Tips[edit | edit source]
After unlocking Tiers 3 and 4, the Space Elevator can be dismantled to reuse the materials for other things, like setting up coal power. It can then be rebuilt when the engineer is ready to unlock Tiers 5 and 6 and so on.
Food court[edit | edit source]
Some players have made it to the top of the elevator.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After each delivery, the Space Elevator will ascend to the sky for a few minutes then descend back to the lower level.
- Although it has a terminal in its model, the player is able to interact with the Space Elevator from any angle.
- Note that only the "legs" of the Space Elevator are constructed by the Engineer, which explains its rather cheap price.
- In a multiplayer game, if a player sends off the items by pulling the handle, other players will not be able to see the animated handle in the Space Elevator UI if they opened the UI at the same time.
- The delivery mechanism of the space elevator doesn't have collision maps, so if the player managed to work their way up to the top, they won't be able to walk around on it.
- Project Assembly itself cannot be seen in-game, but it can be seen in the E3 trailer.
References[edit | edit source]