|This article is a stub. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
Somersloops are alien artifacts found throughout the planet while exploring. Shaped like an infinity symbol, they emit a red glow and unusual particles, as well as a pulsating sound that cycles through being loud and quiet. Standing next to one for an extended period of time will result in a sound file being played. Aside from these sounds, it currently seems to function only as a collectible. There are 133 of them.
As of version 0.1.5 Somersloop can be scanned with the M.A.M. again, despite that it's still in W.I.P. status. After scanning it, ADA will tell you that obtaining more samples of the Somersloop will be rewarded with new building options. At the moment no rewards are given by scanning Somersloops with the M.A.M.
Sound transcripts[edit | edit source]
Possible messages received when near a Somersloop include:
- (impatient) "Harvest. It."
- "Harvest it."
- "I strongly advise you to harvest this specimen."
- "Your contract legally compels you to harvest this artifact."
- "You are so lucky that you found this most valuable artifact."
- "Picking up multiple FICSIT personal in the area, proceed with harvest before it's too late."
- "Breaking news from Earth: widespread chaos and mayhem. World president encourages all citizens to do their part and harvest alien artifacts."
- "Relaying message: Hello this is (voice changes) paternal figure (voice changes back). I have taken ill and need your help to find a cure. Doctors say that the only remedy is alien artifacts."
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Somersloops can be found while exploring, typically in out of the way places such as in ravines or on stone spires. After finding and scanning one in the M.A.M., the Object Scanner can be upgraded to more easily locate more of them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Somersloop may be a reference to the "Cool S", a popular symbol typically found doodled in children's notebooks. Its description referring to it as a "somehow familiar shape" could reflect the unclear origin and spread of the S drawing.
- It is also reminiscent of The Marker (from Dead Space series) in shape and coloration.
Gallery[edit | edit source]