|A strange alien thing with a mind-bending yet somehow familiar shape.|
Somersloops are alien artifacts found throughout the world that currently have no use.
They emit a red glow and unusual particles, as well as a pulsating sound that cycles through being loud and quiet. Standing next to one for an extended period of time will result in a sound file being played. Aside from these sounds, it currently seems to function only as a collectible.
Sound transcripts[edit | edit source]
Possible messages received when near a Somersloop include:
- (impatient) "Harvest. It."
- "Harvest it."
- "I strongly advise you to harvest this specimen."
- "Your contract legally compels you to harvest this artifact."
- "You are so lucky that you found this most valuable artifact."
- "Picking up multiple FICSIT personnel in the area, proceed with harvest before it's too late."
- "Breaking news from Earth: widespread chaos and mayhem. World president urges all citizens to do their part and harvest alien artifacts."
- "Relaying message: Hello this is (voice changes) maternal figure (voice changes back). I have taken ill and need your help to find a cure. Doctors say that the only remedy is alien artifacts."
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Somersloops can be found while exploring, typically in out of the way places such as in ravines or on stone spires.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are 152 Somersloops in the game.
- The Somersloop may be a reference to the "Cool S", a popular symbol typically found doodled in children's notebooks. Its description referring to it as a "somehow familiar shape" could reflect the unclear origin and spread of the S drawing.
- It is also reminiscent of The Marker (from Dead Space series) in shape and coloration.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Unknown patch after Patch 0.2.1: Somersloops are again no longer scannable in the M.A.M.
- Patch 0.1.5: Somersloops can now be scanned in the M.A.M. again. After it is scanned, ADA will tell the engineer that obtaining more samples of the Somersloop will be rewarded with new building options, however, no additional rewards were ever provided. Scanning it would only allow them to be choosen in the Object Scanner. The research was repeatable with no rewards.
- Patch 0.1: Somersloops are no longer scannable in the M.A.M.