Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article is a stub. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
|Splits conveyor belts in three. |
You can set a rule for which part should go to the left and which part should go to the right.
|Unlocks at||Tier 5|
|Height||4m(+1m into the foundation)|
The Smart Splitter is a smart version of the Splitter that allows for setting one filter on each of its outputs. It is useful when you have a conveyor belt that transports different items and you want to split one type of item out and onto another belt.
Mode of Operation[edit | edit source]
- Looking into the input of the splitter, the splitter has 3 outputs named Left output, Center output and Right output.
- Each output can be set to one filter for a specific item (which you can choose from a list), None, or Any (indicated in the splitter as an asterisk *).
- Note that "Any" in this respect means anything not filtered on the other outputs.
- The outputs are processed in a specific order: center output first, left output, right output. If all output matching a specific item type is full, the input is blocked and no further items will be passing through the Smart Splitter until the output is cleared.
- If no belt is connected to an output, make sure to set its filter to None or the input will block if that item passes through the Smart Splitter.
- You will probably also want one output to be Any, and have a belt connected to that output. You can omit this if you will never put anything on the belt other than the items filtered.
Usage cases[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When using a Smart Splitter to separate items out for use as input into a production building, you will want to add buffering in the form of Storage Containers on the outputs of the Smart Splitter. Without this, it is going to be very easy to block the input of your Smart Splitter and make it somewhat difficult to resolve issues manually.
- It is impossible to perfectly balance inputs and outputs of production buildings, so using Smart Splitter outputs anywhere as production inputs will at some point in time require manual intervention to clear a blockage. Adding more/bigger output buffering reduces the incidence rate, but keep in mind you may need to intervene at some point in time.
- You can perfectly replicate the functionality of the Programmable Splitter using a chain of Smart Splitters and Conveyer Mergers on the outputs. The main advantage of the Programmable Splitter is that it is easier to build and configure, and uses much less space. But if you don't yet have access to the Programmable Splitter, this can be done.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.1.5 (experimental): changed crafting cost from 3 Reinforced Iron Plate to 2 Encased Industrial Beam.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]