|Splits conveyor belts in three.|
You can set a rule for which part should go to the left and which part should go to the right.
|Unlocked at||Caterium Research - Smart Splitter|
The Smart Splitter is an upgraded version of the Splitter capable of filtering its input and handling overflow.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
Construction[edit | edit source]
|Build Gun||Caterium Research - Smart Splitter|
Usage[edit | edit source]
Unlike a standard Splitter, the Smart Splitter can be interacted with to access its UI. In this menu, a single rule (or 'filter') can be set to each output, labeled Left Output, Center Output and Right Output.
Filters[edit | edit source]
- Any: The output will behave just like a normal Splitter. Parts will be evenly distributed across this output and any other available outputs.
- *: Same as Any, but unavailable in the selection menu. Appears by default in the Center Output.
- None: The output is unused. Appears by default in the Right and Left Output.
- Any undefined: Same as Any, but parts that have their own designated filter won't pass through this output.
- Overflow: This output will only be used if there are no other outputs to use. If multiple outputs have this filter, overflowing parts will be distributed evenly among them.
- Item: Only the selected item will pass through the output. Its recipe has to be unlocked first in order for it to appear in the list, making some items like S.A.M. Ore or Nuclear Waste not appear in the list whatsoever.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The functionality of Programmable Splitters can be replicated by chaining Smart Splitters
- Before the Smart Splitter is available, specific Splitter-Merger arrays can be used to handle overflow
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.6: Added “Overflow” rule
- Patch 0.3.4.2: Now should no longer back up on duplicate rule definitions
- Patch 0.2.1.11: Added “Any Undefined” rule, which only sends items through that are not defined to go to any other output
- Patch 0.2.1.9: Now should use more than one output when there are multiple outputs with a matching rule
- Patch 0.1.5: Changed crafting cost from 3 Reinforced Iron Plate to 2
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]