|Genre||Adventure, Indie, Simulation, Strategy, Open World, First Person|
|Developer and Publisher||Coffee Stain Studios|
|Early Access release date||March 19, 2019|
Satisfactory is a first-person factory construction and automation game with single player and co-op multiplayer, made by Coffee Stain Studios in Unreal Engine 4. You play as an employee of FICSIT Inc. and must contribute towards Project Assembly.
As an engineer, you are tasked with exploring the planet for resources in order to construct machines which will build necessary parts. As the game progress, more complex machines and parts become available which allow the player/s to create tools, weapons and vehicles.
The game was initially released in Early Access exclusively on the Epic Games Store on March 19, 2019 at 5pm GMT. It later released on Steam on June 8, 2020 at 5pm GMT, with cross-platform multiplayer.
Official description[edit | edit source]
Satisfactory is a first-person open-world factory building game with a dash of exploration and combat. Pioneering for FICSIT Incorporated means charting and exploiting an alien planet, battling alien lifeforms, creating multi-story factories, entering conveyor belt heaven, automating vehicles, and researching new technologies.
At FICSIT inc. you will take part in the Save the Day program, providing short-term solutions for long-term problems, possibly with the help of your friends.
On Steam and Epic pages[edit | edit source]
Satisfactory is a first-person open-world factory building game with a dash of exploration and combat. Play alone or with friends, explore an alien planet, create multi-story factories, and enter conveyor belt heaven!
Monetization[edit | edit source]
The game is a one-time purchase, and will not feature micro-transactions or loot boxes. There are plans to support the game post release, possibly with updates and/or DLC. It is unknown if these will be free or paid.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While in pre-Alpha, between 16-18 people worked on Satisfactory's development.
- The game will not feature base defense.[№ 1][№ 2][№ 3][№ 4][№ 5][№ 6][№ 7][№ 8][№ 9][№ 10][№ 11][№ 12][№ 13][№ 14][№ 15][№ 16][№ 17][№ 18][№ 19][№ 20][№ 21][№ 22][№ 23][№ 24][№ 25][№ 26][№ 27][№ 28][№ 29]
- Two out of three releases were made on time in 2020.
- Staff at Coffee Stain were surprised to learn that around the time of the Early Access launch, Satisfactory had more concurrent views than DOTA 2 (a major e-sports title).
- Satisfactory's name was hinted at in a 2018 Q&A video.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Steam store page
- Epic store page
- June 23rd, 2018 Q&A #2: Satisfactory Multiplayer, mods, lizard doggo plushies, and more!
- December 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: How big was the team back when this version was made?
- Reference Archive - Twitch - December 15th, 2020 Livestream - 2 out of 3 releases have been on time
- Reference Archive - Twitch - December 19th, 2019 Livestream - Coffee Stainers surprised at viewership on Twitch
- YouTube - Coffee Stain - March 3rd, 2018 - Q&A #1: Are we making Sanctum 3?
No Base Defense[edit | edit source]
- Satisfactory - Birk Denecke and Oscar Jilsén Interview (note: video will not load with ad blocker enabled)
- June 22nd, 2018 Q&A #2: Satisfactory Multiplayer, mods, lizard doggo plushies, and more!
- YouTube - Developer Highlight - Game Design
- YouTube - Coffee Stain - February 6th, 2019 Satisfactory Q&A/Hangout Stream - Q&A: Why not turrets like Sanctum?
- YouTube - March 9th, 2019 Livestream - Q&A: Will there be turrets or something in the game?
- YouTube - March 9th, 2019 Livestream - Q&A: Q&A: Can creatures in any way disrupt your factory?
- Discord - Snutt#2124 - April 2nd, 2019 in the Satisfactory Discord #satisfactory channel (see also Screengrab of Discord message)
- Discord - Hanburger#1981 - February 4th, 2020 in the Satisfactory Discord #satisfactory channel (see also Screengrab of Discord message)
- YouTube - June 8th, 2020 Livestream - Community Highlights - Chainsaw on legs
- Twitch - August 18th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Will there be animals that attack the base?
- YouTube - August 25th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Given how often Blueprints keeps being requested it really needs to be adopted?
- YouTube - August 25th, 2020 Livestream Snutt Talk: Machines breaking & Base Defense and a Twitch archive of same clip
- September 1st, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Are you going to share something important related to next Updates?
- September 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Pollution is a thing?
- September 22nd, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Hoping for Base Defence?
- October 6th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Do you have any good stories for features that didn't get included in the game?
- YouTube - October 13th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: If Factories can get attacked?
- October 20th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Are there any features you guys really want in the game but you can't/won't add?
- November 10th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Is there something you'll never add to the game that you recommend Modders add instead?
- YouTube - November 17th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Can we get Mobs that spawn near you and attack you?
- December 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Will there be any Base Defense?
- December 15th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Q&A: Can we get turrets and more PvE?
- YouTube - BIIIIIIG Q&A Video // Wiki leaks, Foundation shapes, Signs, Farms, Copy&Paste, and a LOT more!
- Steam Discussions - Lack of NPC base attacks turns me off from Satisfactory - Snutt's reply
- YouTube - January 19th, 2021 Livestream: Snutt & Mark Talk: We will not be adding tower defense
- Reference Archive - Instagram - January 22nd, 2021 AMA - Is there a plan for automatize the base defense?
- YouTube - February 9th, 2021 Livestream: Q&A: Is there going to be tower defense?
- YouTube - February 23rd, 2021 Livestream Q&A: Any future combat or enemy updates to come?
- Instagram - February 26th, 2021 AMA - Please add semi tower defence in this game, I'm begging you!