As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|Strange Alien Metal that glistens with new possibilities.|
S.A.M. Ore, which stands for Strange Alien Metal, is a rare resource found in the world.
Currently, S.A.M. resource nodes will only produce 15-99 ore, sharing properties with resource deposits; after this amount of ore is extracted, no more will be produced until the game is reloaded (the node will stay in place, and the Miner's Indicator Light will flash yellow). Node purity and Miner mark has no effect on the mined amount.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Resource acquisiton[edit | edit source]
S.A.M. Ore can be harvested by hand (default E) in trace amounts from resource deposits scattered across the world, or from inexhaustible resource nodes on which Miners can be constructed to extract automatically. Additonally, Lizard Doggos will ocassionally bring it when tamed.
- Items produced per minute
Number of S.A.M. Ore resource nodes is as follows:
|Mk.3 mining rate|
at 250 %
Usage[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
S.A.M. Ore isn't used to craft anything.
AWESOME Sink[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- S.A.M. Ore is story-related.
- Due to story elements being added alongside or just before 1.0, the use for S.A.M. Ore may be implemented into the game very late on. However, Coffee Stain has considered implementing S.A.M. content earlier on by stripping it of the story elements.
- It will likely be a M.A.M. resource.
- Its content will "mostly be used by players nearing the end of the game to solve problems around their factories they might not want to deal with as much at that point".
- It is the only ore that doesn't have a stack size of 100.
- It cannot be sorted using the Smart Splitter or the Programmable Splitter.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|The history section is missing in this article. Please help patch notes.if you can. Information can be gathered from|
References[edit | edit source]