The resource scanner (default V) is a tool used to scan the nearby area and shows the engineer locations of the 3 nearest resource nodes (or batches of them). By default, it can scan for Iron Ore, and new resources are added after completing certain Milestones or M.A.M. research. The resource scanner is the same tool as Build Gun.
Usage[edit | edit source]
- When the scan button (default V) is pressed and held down, a scanning wheel resembling a circular dial will pop up, allowing to select which resource will be scanned for.
- A cyan spherical surface will then propagate outward from the scanner. Three nearest patches of the chosen ore type will be scanned; their directions will be indicated on the compass (and map, if unlocked). Three pings sounds will then be played relative to their distances. If the resource patch is at the direction within the game window, lines will be drawn from the sky and point down to the exact resource node locations, regardless if the nodes are directly within the line of sight. Circles will be drawn, indicate the number, the locations and the exact elevations of the nodes.
- The resource will be scanned regardless if the Engineer has built a Miner on top of it. After 3 nearest patches are scanned, the scanning process stops.
- The actual scanning process has no range limitiations, it will scan until all 3 resource nodes or batches of them are found, no matter how far away from the engineer that may be.
- On the compass, the icon of the resource will be indicated with white background, with the nearest resource patch having the largest icon size.
- A single quick tap will trigger the re-scanning of the previously chosen resource type.
- After 25 seconds, the resource indications will disappear from the compass and map. Re-scan if needed.
Scanner upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Copper Ore||Hub Upgrade 2|
|Limestone||Hub Upgrade 3|
|Caterium Ore||Caterium Research (M.A.M. at Tier 2)
or Tier 6: Expanded Power Infrastructure
|Raw Quartz||Quartz Research (M.A.M. at Tier 2)
or Tier 7: Bauxite Refinement
|Sulfur||Sulfur Research (M.A.M. at Tier 2)
or Tier 7: Nuclear Power
|Coal||Tier 3: Coal Power|
|Crude Oil||Tier 5: Oil Processing|
|Geyser||Caterium Research (M.A.M. at Tier 2,|
|Bauxite||Tier 7: Bauxite Refinement|
|Uranium||Tier 7: Nuclear Power|