Railroad Switch Control
|Railroad Switch Control|
|A lever used to switch Railway switches|
|Unlocked at||Tier 6 - Monorail Train Technology|
It is generated automatically on every railway switch that is properly built. It cannot be built separately, dismantled or moved by any means.
A railway switch is formed by joining two Railways together at the end of a segment. It cannot exist immediately following or preceding a Train Station. Multiple tracks can be connected to the junction, the only limit being building space (therefore, it is possible to make a 15-or-more-way junction).
If the Railroad Switch Control doesn't appear, the track is not connected properly and the switch will not work.
Switching the switch is only doable by hand and it only affects trains with autopilot disabled. Automated trains ignore Railroad Switch Controls and always choose the correct track automatically, even if the switch is switched by another automated train.
|Possible ways||Visual appearance|
|2||Toggle between left and right|
|3 or 4||The 3rd and 4th toggle state will make the level bar go into the underside.|
|5 up to N||Uses the same graphics as the state (N-4). For example, the 6th state will look alike as the 2nd state.|
- There are two major problems with switches. which only occur after the switch is built:
- A single Railway segment can only have a switch on one end, not both, otherwise autopilot paths through the junction incorrectly.
- A similar problem can be observed with X shaped (n:m) junctions.
- The 'flag' of the Railroad Switch Control does not necessarily point toward the direction of the split it is leading to, instead, it depends on the build order.
- The rod part of the Switch Control does have a hitbox, which only corresponds to state 1.