As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|“||The crystals on these slugs can be harvested and converted into power shards that function with current FICSIT technology.||„|
Power Slugs are collectibles which are used to craft Power Shards, which enable overclocking of buildings. They appeared as glowing immobile slugs and can found around the world. They do not respawn and there is a limited number in the world, but a small amount of renewable Power Slugs can be found with the aid of tamed Lizard Doggos. They can be researched at the M.A.M. to unlock overclocking of buildings, along with recipes to craft slugs into Power Shards at a Craft Bench.
Variants[edit | edit source]
There are green, yellow and purple slugs scattered around the map, which can be crafted into 1, 2 and 5 Power Shards respectively, with increasing rarity.
Green[edit | edit source]
There are 406 Green Power Slugs in the world. They are often found within plain sight on small stone spires, on the trees or hills that rarely require a ladder or a Jetpack to reach. You may find a few of them hidden inside crackable boulders which can be detonated with a Nobelisk Detonator.
Produces: Power Shard x 1
Yellow[edit | edit source]
There are 219 Yellow Power Slugs in the world. They are often found in and around the Poison Pillar, on trees, near/on cliff faces and other difficult-to-traverse places. Most of them are guarded by a strong creature, or surrounded by Poison Gas. (You can use a Gas Mask to get through the poison gas easily.) You will often need to construct a tall ladder to reach them.
Produces: Power Shard x 2
Purple[edit | edit source]
There are 119 Purple Power Slugs in the world. They are usually found high up on cave walls, on top of mountains, inside ravines, on cliff faces and other hard to notice/reach places. You will usually need to construct a long ramp or walkway or have access to use the Jetpack to reach them. Some Purple Power Slugs are heavily guarded by strong creatures, or surrounded by several Radioactive deposits.
Produces: Power Shard x 5
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Power Slugs can be searched for using the Object Scanner, with one setting searching for slugs of any color. They are luminescent and can be easily spotted at night. Picking up a Power Slug requires the player to hold down the interact button (default E) for 3 seconds while facing it. Using the photo mode P and zoom in can act as a binocular which helps the search.
There are currently 744 Power Slugs known in-game; 406 green, 219 yellow, and 119 purple. 1 slug of each type is consumed as part of research in the M.A.M.. The upper limit of obtainable Power Shards is infinite, as Lizard Doggos can generate an infinite amount of slugs over time. The upper limit of non-renewable collectible power shards is 1431.
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
Additional researches unlock recipes for each kind of slug, overclocking and scanning using the Object Scanner.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Research[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Power Slugs Research - Green Power Slugs|
|Power Slugs Research - Yellow Power Slugs|
|Power Slugs Research - Purple Power Slugs|
AWESOME Sink[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Power Slugs lose their color once picked up. When the player attempts to place it down onto the floor or dispensing it onto a belt via a Storage Container, all varieties of the slug appear to have same color: greenish spikes and a reddish body. The reason for this is unknown, but it could be some sort of defensive mechanism of the slug.
- It appears that these are amphibian slugs, as they can also be found in shallow lakes
Current issue[edit | edit source]
Coordinates below are measured in centimeters. (A foundation size = 800 x 800)
- 2 Purple Power Slugs at the Red Jungle, (-94700, 5104, 21300) & (-95701, 13876, 19800) require the player to enter a 'cave entrance' that leads to an underground void scattered with several Uranium deposits. Foundations can be built to retrieve them safely. Hazmat Suit is required.
- There is a Green Power Slug buried below ground that is impossible to collect without clipping, at Rocky Desert. (-169150, 86, 400)
- 2 impossible Yellow Power Slugs are buried within poison pillar at Lake Forest and Desert Canyons, at (65494, -2077, 13600) and (-11592, -149477, 12200) respectively. Unlike the above cases, clipping will not work as the slugs are embedded inside solid, making all sorts of interaction impossible.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|The history section is incomplete in this article. Please help patch notes.if you can. Information can be gathered from|
- Patch 0.3?: Made Power Slugs more distinguishable in colors. Made them easier to spot by adding misty clouds around them and a beam effect that shoots out from its back.