|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Power Pole.
- Please see the Discussion page for reasoning.
|Used to connect Power Poles, Power Generators and Factory buildings.|
|Unlocked at||Tier 0 - HUB Upgrade 2|
Construction[edit | edit source]
Each building (excluding Power Poles) may only have one Power Line connected to it. It is advised to connect the other end of the Power Line to a Power Pole or Wall Outlet to allow further expansion of a power grid.
While constructing a Power Line, if the destination targeted is not a building, a Power Pole or Wall Outlet will be added automatically if possible; the additional cost of the Power Pole or Wall Outlet is taken into account when it is required.
Power Lines are "disconnected" simply by dismantling them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Ideally a Power Pole or Wall Outlet should have at least one connector reserved after all machines are connected; this allows connection of the pole/outlet to a power grid.
- If a Power Pole or Wall Outlet reaches its maximum connections, no further Power Line connections can be added to it.
- The number of current connections and the maximum connections are shown when aiming a new Power Line at a pole/outlet.
- Individual Power Lines may be dismantled by aiming at the Power Line with the Dismantle Tool (F).
- Removing a Power Pole or Wall Outlet will also remove any connected Power Lines, returning their associated material cost in addition.
- Power Lines have no limit on power transmission.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.7.4: Fixed a bug where the power icon would look out of place for Client after upgrading Power Lines
- Patch 0.3.7.2: Power Lines can now be upgraded to FICSMAS Power Lights and vice versa
- Patch 0.3.4.9: Power Lines should be easier to dismantle again
- Patch 0.3:
- Power Poles placed when building Power Lines now snap to the foundation grid
- Power Lines can now be built through player-built structures without restrictions
- Patch 0.1.8: Fixed a crash related to Power Lines being saved in a bad state
- Patch 0.1.5: Fixed a bug with the cost of Power Lines not updating correctly while building