As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.3 - Build 114192. This patch was released on February 11, 2020.
Hotfix[edit | edit source]
Several hours after the initial patch, a hotfix was released. Only a single line was added to the bottom of the patch notes:
- HOTFIX: Fixed a crash that could occur when feeding too many high level items into the AWESOME Sink too quickly.
The build number changed to 114228, while the version number remained the same.
Intro[edit | edit source]
Here it is, the long sought-after Update 3 out on Experimental! Before I tell you anything about it, you might want to check out the trailer we made for it. Or just jump straight into the patch notes, do whatever makes you happy! Also, a reminder that all your existing factories will have to be majorly refactored in this version of the game, due to the amount of changes we have made.
And now, let’s take a look at what we’ve got for you. We’ve joked a lot about Pipes ever since people started requesting them, but now they are finally in the game! And the changes they introduce to Satisfactory are significant. You can find all the details in the patch notes, it’s a whole lot of resources, building changes, building additions, and more.
We’ve also added a way for you to sink your excess resources and get something in return via the A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Sink & Store, which we both teased already in the videos leading up to this release.
A brand-new travel method has been added as well: Hypertubes. With them you can build traveling routes for your Pioneer through the factory and game world.
Another large change that we already revealed is the rework of the Dune Desert into a new starting area. This is a bit of an experiment, since we designed it for more experienced players, so let us know what you think!
Apart from the new content, the entire game received a rebalance to address issues we’ve been collecting over time. And we did a whole lot of fixes and tweaks to the game in general, some work under the hood and many adjustments that should be visible improvements. There is too much for me to go into detail here, so check out the patch notes for more details.
Due to the sheer amount of changes and new features, it’s possible that you will find quite a few new issues. We are fully focused on fixing this version up, so make sure to report everything you find to us through our questions site and help us get it ready for Early Access. And speaking of the questions site: We have a new one out now! It is currently in a beta phase and we will update and improve it as we go. With the new site we want to improve communication between us and the community on all the bugs and suggestions that are being posted there. The old site is still available as an archive so all information on there is saved.
Here is the link to the site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/
We’ve been working on this update for a while and we are incredibly excited for you to play it! Hope you all will enjoy what we’ve made for you :heart:
New content[edit | edit source]
- Water Extractor
- 8 fluid resources
- Pipelines & Flow Indicators
- Pipe Pumps
- Fluid Storages/Buffers
- Fluid Packaging
- (Freight Platform Fluid and) Fluid Tanks for Trains
- Adjusted Oil Extractor, Fuel Generator and Oil Refinery to handle fluids
- Coal Generator and Nuclear Power Plant now require Water to run
- A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Sink & Shop
- Includes the Entrance & Hypertube buildables
- Comes with an additional build mode for extra smooth curves
- Overhauled Dune Desert visual & design as a new starting area
- Visual overhaul of the area & three oasi
- Complete resource & reward overhaul
- Visual overhaul of the level parameter & vista
- Crouch & Slide (slide by pressing crouch while running)
Balancing[edit | edit source]
- Space Elevator now requires specific parts for Project Assembly that cannot be handcrafted
- Rebalanced the entire game
- Some recipes of the Refinery now also produce by-products
- Onboarding & Milestone cost and contents have been tweaked
- Many building costs have been tweaked
- Almost all recipes (including alternate recipes) have been adjusted
- 6 new parts have been added
- 30 new alternate recipes have been added
- Power & consumption of generators has been tweaked
- Resource Deposits are far more likely to be MAM related resources
- Moved all MAM related milestones out of the Hub and directly into the MAM
Optimisation[edit | edit source]
- Factory tick parallelisation: Spreading out the factory tick over more cores if available. This can considerably improve factory performance, depending on the CPU
- Memory optimisations
- Disk space optimisations (the Experimental version should take up considerably less space than before)
- Cleaned out & removed unnecessary foliage variants
- Cached savefiles more often, to reduce the amount of disk access to remove hitches when using a mechanical HDD
- Fixed so that StaticMeshes placed in the world now can have a lower res shadow and nice lod transition at the same time
- Optimised collision shapes on Conveyor Belts which reduces the amount of uObjects and allows for larger factories before the limit is reached
- Fixed performance issues when trying to place Conveyor Belts longer than the allowed limit
Quality of life[edit | edit source]
- Added the ability to skip Onboarding from the new game menu and start with Tier 1
- Buildings can now snap directly to other building clearances. This can be turned off/adjusted in the settings
- Conveyor Poles & Pipeline Supports height and rotation can now be tweaked when building them from a Conveyor or Pipeline
- While placing Conveyors you can now see the clearance of nearby buildings
- Interfering clearances while building are now highlighted red
- Connecting Conveyors in close spaces should be a little easier now
- Move all stacks of the same type between inventories with Ctrl + click
- Power Poles, Conveyor Poles & Pipeline Support placed when building Power Lines now snap to the foundation grid
- Players can now set part per minute when Overclocking instead of only percentage
- The game now saves and restarts automatically after running for 24 hours consecutively to prevent all sorts of bugs that can occur under after that time
- Mass dismantling buildings now creates a single crate when the resources don’t fit into the inventory, instead of a crate per buildable dismantled
- When aiming at the workbench, now the workbench is outlined, and not the entire vehicle
- Players should be able to jump out of water now
Networking[edit | edit source]
- Added relay server support, this means that if you can’t connect with NAT punch-through, we will relay the data through a third-party server, allowing connection at the cost of additional ping
- Lowered connection timeout from 60s to 30s
- Build modes are now simulated on client, which should result in improved responsiveness and accuracy
- Constructed buildables will leave a pending hologram on construction for clients if there is significant lag between client and server
UI[edit | edit source]
- Refactored the M.A.M. UI into research trees
- Changed default key bindings
- Scan = V
- Flashlight = B
- Added Crouch = C
- Updated starting area pictures in the New Game menu
- Manufacturing UIs (Constructor, Assembler, Manufacturer, etc.) now display all recipes in categories similar to the Craft Bench
- Added new popups when hosting/connecting to games, these will give you feedback about what happens during connection process
- These popups will now allow you to create offline games when failing in a few more stages during game setup
- Added popups that warn you when loading newer/older saves that might or might not be fully supported
- Added “relevant items” section over the inventory items, where you can see if the items you have in your inventory are usable/contextual in the UI you’re currently interacting with
- Object Scanner has updated screen graphics. It no longer relies just on sound.
- You can now skip the drop pod scene and onboarding from the main menu.
- You can press R while in build mode to toggle between different build styles when building Pipes.
- The Split Stack menu no longer takes all mouse input. Holding right mouse on an item in an inventory still opens the menu, however you no longer need to hold right mouse in order to navigate the menu once it’s open.
Factory[edit | edit source]
- Tweaks to overall Factory materials & look
- Manufacturer got a new model, animations & VFX
- Craft Bench got a new model
- Equipment Workshop got a new model
- Made foundations colorable
- Improved & optimised the Fuel Generator mesh
- Clearance tweaks for Foundry, Constructor & Smelter
- Jump Pads now affect creatures and physics objects like vehicles. Game changer.
World[edit | edit source]
- Implemented a new proximity ambience system (currently only visual effects for Dune Desert)
- Skysphere improvements
- Improved clouds
- Light shafts have been enabled
- More advanced lighting and post processing have been added to the Dune Desert (we will add those to more areas as we continue working on the world)
- Tweaked the suns rotation around the level to improve lighting
- Added lakes to Grass Fields to support gameplay changes
- Red Jungle, gameplay and reward adjustments
- Bamboo Fields, gameplay and reward adjustments
- Tweaked mesh and colours for the Limestone resource node
- Tweaked Limestone deposit textures to match the resource node better
Settings[edit | edit source]
- Added experimental HUD scaling.
- Added directional subtitles.
- Added high contrast mode for compass and hotbar (opacity slider).
- Added the option to toggle large or small inventory slots.
- Added an option for contact shadows
- Added an option to adjust camera feedback on the Hypertubes
- Added an option to turn direct snapping to buildings off and on
Player character[edit | edit source]
- Rework of jump sounds
Resources[edit | edit source]
- New mesh for Compacted Coal
- New mesh for the Turbo Motor
- New texture for the Turbo Fuel
- New mesh for the solid Biofuel
- Tweaks for ore resource meshes
- Hazmat suit now has a proper mesh when dropped and in the description
Bug fixes[edit | edit source]
- Geyser placement issue in Desert Canyons resulting in ‘Floor is too steep’ when trying to build should be fixed
- Player characters now get the right speed when running on Conveyor Belts
- Player characters actually stand still when standing still on Conveyor Belts (used to play running animation)
- Fixed issue with clients being able to resources other than energy sources into Generators or the fuel slot of the Truck Station
- Clients can now access freight platform inventory
- Holograms for other players don’t stutter as much on client
- Conveyor belts now properly cast shadows
- Blocked player input during join / respawn which could result in bugs & crashes
- The text on the Object Scanner will no longer disappear on different FOV settings
- Clients can now initiate autopilot and docking while driving trains
- Power Circuit E-Mail is no longer placeholder text
- Hub now properly snaps to other buildings without individual parts like the Terminal ending up in a wrong position
- ”NEW” pop-up on buildings doesn’t reset anymore whenever a game is loaded
- Moving items in inventory while the split stack UI is active doesn’t affect the split number anymore
- Split stack UI cannot be stacked on top of itself anymore
- Splitting stacks by 0 that aren’t max size doesn’t delete them anymore. It’s also not possible to split stacks by 0 anymore
- ”Squigglies fixed.” – Submitted by G2, 2019. No one will ever know what this actually did
- Removed some unit translation of the Freight Car that caused misalignment during docking
- Swimming no longer locks E
- Player health no longer resets to 3 blocks when entering vehicles, loading the game, etc
- Fixed inverted normals on all buildable splines
- Fixed issue with splitters/mergers slowing down items on the faster conveyor belts
- Fixed that building snapping will not override the grid snapping on foundations, ensuring that buildings placed on foundations are always aligned with the grid
- Fixed that building clearances are displayed when starting to build via the hotbar
- Fixed crash related to compass widgets
- Conveyor Lifts now display nearby clearances properly
- Fixed the missing collision behind the ladder of the HUB
- Fixed conveyor belts sometimes being unable to be connected to Splitters/Mergers when there is a conveyor pole in front of them
- To-Do List no longer gets set to "N/A" when cleared
- Fixed Conveyor lifts sending items to the incorrect direction even after they were rotated when in close proximity to multiple buildings
- Fixed Conveyor lifts not snapping properly when connected directly to Mergers/Splitters
- Fixed Generators still consuming fuel after disconnecting the power cable
- Better collision for the workbench on explorer
- You now see the reason why you can’t pick up items from the conveyor belts when you inventory is full
- Local player (and equipment) now occludes the outlines