|“||Objective-based introduction initialized. Welcome to: Onboarding.||„|
The Onboarding tutorial teaches basic game mechanics at the start of the game. After the engineer exits the drop-pod, they are asked by ADA to complete a series of objectives. In a multiplayer game, tutorial messages are shared. Only the host is required to complete the tutorial.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
All the objectives are listed below in order.
- Dismantle F the Drop-pod with the Build Gun.
- Open the Codex X then close it Esc.
- Equip Tab ↹ the Xeno-Zapper.
- Use the Resource Scanner V to search and mine Iron Ore.
- Build Q The HUB.
- Upgrade The HUB to level 1 unlock the Personal Storage Box and the Portable Miner among other things.
- Upgrade The HUB to level 2 unlock the Smelter and the first Biomass Burner among other things.
- Upgrade The HUB to level 3 to unlock the Constructor, Power Pole, and several other crafting components.
- Upgrade The HUB to level 4 to unlock Conveyor Belts and more.
- Upgrade The HUB to level 5 to unlock Miner Mk.1, an additional Biomass Burner among other things.
- Complete The HUB level 6 and get access to the FICSIT Freighter in addition to Biomass. You will also be able to build the Space Elevator after finishing this objective.
Further reading: Tier 0
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.12: Dismantle is now available before the Codex step
- Patch 0.3.4.11: Codex step now has a voice-over and no longer blocks pick-up input
- Patch 0.3.4.10:
- Added an additional step highlighting the Codex
- Reworked Hint text
- Hints are now received as emails that can be looked up in the Codex
- Patch 0.3.4.0: The button prompts now properly show the key bindings set by the player on the options menu
- Patch 0.3:
- Onboarding contents have been tweaked (to include the phrase "and pipelines" during the narration)
- Now can be skipped entirely when starting a game from the main menu, making all Tier 0 Milestones already unlocked
- Patch 0.1:
- Tweaked hints a little bit
- Fixed that entering water during Onboarding resets the key restrictions
- Tweaks to the Intro Sequence
See also[edit | edit source]