Nuclear Power Plant
|Nuclear Power Plant|
|Consumes Nuclear Fuel Rods and Water to produce electricity for the power grid. Produces Nuclear Waste, which is extracted from the conveyor belt output.|
Resource consumption will automatically be lowered to meet power demands.
|Unlocked at||Tier 7 - Nuclear Power|
|Power Generated||2500 MW|
|Fuel||Nuclear Fuel Rod|
It generates 2500 MW at 100% Clock speed. At 100% power utilization, a Nuclear Power Plant consumes 0.2 Nuclear Fuel Rods and 300 m3 of Water per minute, which disallows the power plant to sustain overclocked production due to the throughput limit of Pipelines, and produces 5 barrels of Waste per minute. Each Nuclear Fuel Rod lasts for 300 seconds, which is equivalent to 750 000 MJ (750 GJ).
Nuclear Power Plants scale differently with overclocking than any other generator buildings; its power exponent is 1/1.321928 instead of 1/1.3.
Generators per Uranium node[edit | edit source]
A single normal Uranium node can support the following number of Nuclear Power Plants operating at peak capacity, without the use of alternate recipes:
|Miner||Uranium/min||Water Extractors||Water m3/min||Nuclear Power Plants||Total
|Mk.3 @ 250%||600||75||9000||30||75000 MW||150|
Here is a calculator to determine all the Raw Materials, Buildings Needed, Total Power and more on a spreadsheet. Alternative recipes are used. Nuclear Power Spreadsheet
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The old version shown in its teaser video had the nuclear reactor exposed to the ambient. The fuel rods were operated by a robotic arm, which could occasionally drop the fuel rod to the cooling liquid under the reactor. The belt input was located at the front and output at the back rather than right next to each other.
- Prior to its official implementation, it was revealed that the design of the Nuclear Reactor/Power Plant has been changed.
- When building on foundations, it is possible to remove 5 foundations at the center of its footprint and yet Nuclear Power Plant can still be built on it without getting the 'Floor is too steep' warning, as long as each of its support lands on the foundation.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Inside of the reactor, showing robotic arm changing Nuclear Fuel (old version).
2 Nuclear Power Plants : 5 Water Extractors modular setup. Switch the pipe build mode R, connect the pipe from the reactor to the junction.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.1.0: Now actually requires Water to operate
- Patch 0.3:
Now requires Water to operate, appearance changed accordingly to include a Pipeline input.
- Patch 0.2.1.8: Tweaked LODs
- Patch 0.2.1.1: Now produces Waste over time instead of just spitting them all out after a Fuel Rod is consumed
- Patch 0.1.19: 'More work done on the Nuclear Power Plant'
- Patch 0.1.17: No longer encroaches Foundations
- Patch 0.1.16: Changed the mesh
- Patch 0.1.14: Made available
References[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]