|Used to blow up cracked boulders, rocks and invasive vegetation.|
|Unlocked at||Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Detonator|
Detonation: Unlimited m
|Sink Value||39 520|
|Can be used with the Nobelisk Detonator to blow up cracked boulders, vegetation or other vulnerable targets.|
|Unlocked at||Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Explosives|
|Range||Blast Radius: 7.5 m|
Stick to target: 1
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Equipment Workshop||Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Detonator|
|Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Explosives|
|Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Explosives|
Quartz Research - Quartz Crystals
Tier 5 - Industrial Manufacturing
Usage[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
As with other equipment, Nobelisk Detonators have to be equipped to be used. Nobelisks serve as 'ammo' for the Detonator and have to be reloaded with R for arming.
Nobelisks can be thrown with , holding down allows throwing farther. Running forward while throwing will increase the throw range. Multiple Nobelisks can be deployed before exploding them, by reloading instead of detonating. Nobelisks will stick to any surface it touches when thrown, including creatures and other Nobelisks. A thrown Nobelisk cannot be retrieved in any way.
After at least one Nobelisks has been thrown, is used to detonate. They will be detonated to create chains of explosions. Alternatively, striking the Nobelisk with any weapon (or having it hit by a Spitter spit) will detonate it, but no other Nobelisks.
Nobelisk behavior[edit | edit source]
When detonated, each Nobelisk blows up in a 7.5 meters radius, dealing up to 50 damage at the center. Damage quickly falls off farther from the center of the explosion, making it almost impossible to deal full 50 points of damage due to the collision box between it and the target. Therefore, at least 3 Nobelisk explosions are required to kill a fully-healed engineer.
Sticking a Nobelisk on a valid target will cause minor damage of 1 (1/100 of engineer] HP). If the creature or object the Nobelisk is stuck to dies or is destroyed, the Nobelisk will disappear. This makes it impossible to detonate the Nobelisks thrown at Flying Crab Hatchers, as it has only 1 HP and bursts instantly, removing the Nobelisk. Sticking a Nobelisk to a building then dismantling the building will cause the Nobelisk to stay in mid-air. Sticking it to a moving vehicle, including the HUB's FICSIT Freighter, will follow the vehicle.
Explosion cover[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Standing on high ground and aiming at 30 to 45 degrees upward can result in a very long throw.
- Be careful around Spitters and Alpha Spitters as their spits will detonate thrown Nobelisks, as mentioned above.
- When descending midair, it can be very hard to aim the throw as the engineer's velocity is added to the Nobelisk.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nobelisk thrown to the face of a charging Hog or Alpha Hog will stagger them and stop the charge, just like Xeno-Zapper or Xeno-Basher do. This will also scare off the Land Whale.
- It seems that aliens take the most damage from the explosion at the center of their body. The Land Whale takes ~20 damage if Nobelisk is attached to its leg, ~27 to its head or tail, and ~34 damage to its chest.
- Despite this, engineers will take the more damage from the explosion the closer the feet are to the Nobelisk. Standing right on top of one at the time of the explosion deals 47 damage.
- A single, well placed Nobelisk can one-shot a Hog or a Spitter.
- The name 'Nobelisk' may refer to Alfred Nobel, the inventor of Dynamite.
- When detonating a Nobelisk, it makes red spheres that disappear very quickly and a cloud of dust from the explosion.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3: Simplified crafting cost
- Patch 0.1.12: Fixed sound bugs
- Patch 0.1.8: Implemented some changes to sounds
- Patch 0.1.5: Made the Nobelisk available alongside the Nobelisk Detonator
See also[edit | edit source]