|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "Restructure page due to page merge"
|Can be used with the Nobelisk Detonator to blow up cracked boulders, vegetation or other vulnerable targets.|
|Unlocked at||Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Explosives|
|Range||Blast Radius: 7.5 m|
|Used to blow up cracked boulders, rocks and invasive vegetation.|
|Unlocked at||Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Detonator|
Blast Radius: 7.5 m
|Sink Value||39 520|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Equipment Workshop||Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Detonator|
|Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Explosives|
|Sulfur Research - Nobelisk Explosives|
Quartz Research - Quartz Crystals
Tier 5 - Industrial Manufacturing
Usage[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Drag the Nobelisk Detonator to the hand slot to equip it. Then craft a number of Nobelisks as ammo. Reload R to arm the Nobelisk Detonator.
to throw a Nobelisk, you can hold down the to adjust its throw range. Running forward while throwing will increase its throw range. Multiple Nobelisks can be deployed before exploding them. Nobelisks will stick to any surface it touches when thrown. A thrown Nobelisk cannot be retrieved in any way.
Reload with R after each throw. to detonate all Nobelisk, they will be detonated in sequence to create chains of explosions. This can be useful for clearing large areas of vegetation or lure multiple hostile Fauna into the blast radius.
When detonated, each Nobelisk blows up in a 7.5 meters radius, dealing up to 50 damage at zero point. Damage quickly falls off further from the center of the explosion, in fact, it is almost impossible to deal full 50 points of damage because of the collision box between it and the target. As such, it requires at least 3 Nobelisk explosions to kill the engineer.
Sticking a Nobelisk on a valid target deals minor damage of 1 (1/100 of Engineer HP). If the creature or object the Nobelisk is sticked to dies or is destroyed, the Nobelisk will disappear. This makes it impossible to detonate the Nobelisks thrown at Flying Crab Hatchers, as it has only 1 HP, and it is killed instantly, removing the Nobelisk. Sticking a Nobelisk to a building then dismantle the building will cause the Nobelisk to stay in the air, but sticking it to a moving vehicle, including the HUB's FICSIT Freighter, will follow the vehicle.
Explosion cover[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Standing on the high ground and aim 30 to 45 degrees upward can achieve a very long throw.
- Be careful around Spitters and Alpha Spitters as they shoot fireballs. The Nobelisk will explode midair when hit by them.
- Motion physics apply to a thrown Nobelisk: if a Nobelisk is thrown while the engineer is running forward, its throw range increases.
- When descending midair, it can be very hard to aim the Nobelisk as the engineer's velocity is added to the Nobelisk.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nobelisk thrown to the face of a charging Hog or Alpha Hog will stagger them and stop the charge, just like Xeno-Zapper or Xeno-Basher. This will also scare off the Land Whale.
- It seems that aliens take the most damage from the explosion at the center of their body. The Land Whale takes ~20 damage if Nobelisk is attached to its leg, ~27 to its head or tail and ~34 damage to its chest.
- Despite this, the engineer will take the more damage from the explosion the closer the feet are to the Nobelisk. Standing right on top of one at the time of the explosion deals 47 damage.
- A single, well placed Nobelisk can one-shot a Hog or a Spitter.
- All types of Spitters can ignite a Nobelisk when their fire projectile collides with it. Other Nobelisks stay intact.
- The name 'Nobelisk' may refer to Alfred Nobel, the inventor of Dynamite.
- When detonating a Nobelisk, it makes red spheres that disappear very quickly and a cloud of dust from the explosion.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3: Simplified crafting cost
- Patch 0.1.12: Fixed sound bugs
- Patch 0.1.8: Implemented some changes to sounds
- Patch 0.1.5: Made the Nobelisk available alongside the Nobelisk Detonator
References[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]