|Can be used with the Nobelisk Detonator to blow up cracked boulders, vegetation or other vulnerable targets.|
The Nobelisk is an explosive weapon that blows up in a 7.5 meters radius destroying cracked boulders, rocks and all sort of vegetation and alien life, dealing up to 50 damage. Damage quickly falls off further from the center of the explosion, in fact, it is almost impossible to receive full 50 points of damage because even standing on top of the Nobelisk it doesn't deal full damage.
Nobelisks can only be used with a Nobelisk Detonator by holding LMB and letting go and then pressing RMB to detonate, as it serves as its ammo.
- Nobelisks stick to any surface or creature they land on. Thrown Nobelisks cannot be retrieved in any manner.
- There doesn't appear to be a limit on how many Nobelisks can be thrown at once. Once set to detonate, they will all explode in the order they were thrown.
- If the creature or object the Nobelisk is sticked to dies or is destroyed, the Nobelisk will disappear. This makes it impossible to detonate Nobelisks thrown at Flying Crab Hatchers, as it will instantly activate the hatcher, removing the Nobelisk.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|5 × Black Powder||20||1 × Nobelisk|
|10 × Steel Pipe|
|8 × Black Powder||40||4 × Seismic Nobelisk|
|8 × Steel Pipe|
|1 × Crystal Oscillator|
|2 × Assembler||Black Powder (15/min)||Assembler||3/min Nobelisk|
|1.5 × Constructor||Steel Pipe (30/min)|
|1.6 × Assembler||Black Powder (12/min)||Manufacturer||6/min Seismic Nobelisk|
|0.6 × Constructor||Steel Pipe (12/min)|
|1.5 × Manufacturer||Crystal Oscillator (1.5/min)|
Usage[edit | edit source]
- Used to craft
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nobelisk thrown to the face of a charging Hog or Alpha Hog will stagger them and stop the charge, just like any other mean of damage. This will also scare off the Land Whale.
- It seems that aliens take the most damage from the explosion at the center of their body. The Land Whale takes ~20 damage if Nobelisk is attached to its leg, ~27 to its head or tail and ~34 damage to its chest.
- Despite this, the engineer will take the more damage from the explosion the closer the feet are to the Nobelisk. Standing right on top of one at the time of the explosion deals 47 damage.
- A single, well placed Nobelisk can one-shot a Hog or a Spitter.
- All types of Spitters can ignite a Nobelisk when their fire projectile collides with it. Other Nobelisks stay intact.
- The name 'Nobelisk' may refer to Alfred Nobel, the inventor of Dynamite.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3: Simplified crafting cost
- Patch 0.1.12: Fixed sound bugs
- Patch 0.1.8: Implemented some changes to sounds
- Patch 0.1.5: Made the Nobelisk available alongside the Nobelisk Detonator
See also[edit | edit source]