As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|A Weird alien thing with an impossibly smooth surface.
WORK IN PROGRESS
ANALYZING THIS WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING
Mercer Spheres are alien artifacts found throughout the world that currently have no use.
They are found on their own Mercer Sphere plant, from which they can be collected. Standing next to one for an extended period of time will result in a sound file being played. Aside from these sounds, it currently seems to function only as a collectible.
In closed alpha versions of the game, certain in-game messages would be received from email@example.com. Potentially, in-universe, these spheres are named after this character.
Sound transcripts[edit | edit source]
Possible messages received when near a Mercer Sphere include:
- (impatient) "Harvest. It."
- "Harvest it."
- "I strongly advise you to harvest this specimen."
- "Your contract legally compels you to harvest this artifact."
- "You are so lucky that you found this most valuable artifact."
- "Picking up multiple FICSIT personnel in the area, proceed with harvest before it's too late."
- "Breaking news from Earth: widespread chaos and mayhem. World president urges all citizens to do their part and harvest alien artifacts."
- "Relaying message: Hello this is (voice changes) maternal figure (voice changes back). I have taken ill and need your help to find a cure. Doctors say that the only remedy is alien artifacts."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are 151 Mercer Spheres in the game.
- The Mercer Spheres were named after Matthew Mercer, an American voice actor and host of the Dungeons and Dragons web series Critical Role.
- The Mercer Sphere’s speech is extremely similar to the Mesmers in Subnautica.
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Unknown patch: Description now contains text "WORK IN PROGRESS ANALYZING THIS WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING" and the item's in-game name was changed to "Mercer Sphere WIP"
- Unknown patch after Patch 0.2.1: Mercer Spheres are again no longer scannable in the M.A.M.
- Patch 0.1.5: Mercer Spheres can now be scanned in the M.A.M. again. After it was scanned, ADA would tell the engineer that the Mercer Spheres emit alpha radiation and are filled with liquid gallium, however, carrying even large amounts of Mercer Spheres wouldn't make the radiation indicator show up, and they also lack a ItemDecay value internally. Scanning it would only allow them to be chosen in the Object Scanner. The research was repeatable with no rewards.
- Unknown patch after Patch 0.1: Mercer Spheres are no longer scannable in the M.A.M.