The Map, once researched, allows engineers to view areas of the world that they either have explored or scanned using Radar Towers. It is unlocked via the Quartz research chain in the M.A.M. In a multiplayer game, the map is shared amongst all players.
Once researched, it can be accessed with Z or button, and zoomed from 0,5x to 8x with the slider or mousewheel. It can be dragged around with mouse.
The engineer or Radar Towers have to be positioned above the terrain in order to reveal it (for example, when travelling through a cave, the terrain above the cave is not revealed).
Map icons[edit | edit source]
The following icons show up on the in-game map:
- Death crates
- Vehicles (excluding Freight Cars)
- The HUB (shows active milestone when hovered over)
- Space Elevator (shows Project Assembly phase and loading progress when hovered over)
- Radar Towers and revealed area
- Resource nodes scanned within the past 25 seconds
- Truck Stations (shows their contents and loading mode)
- Train Stations (shows whether they are connected to Power and consumption)
The following does not show up on the in-game map:
- Player built structures
- Power Slugs, artifacts, Crash Sites
- Resource deposits
- All creatures
- Poison Gas
Map filter[edit | edit source]
Once available, a map filter menu in the map allows for the appearance of specific icons to be configured, separately for the map and the compass. Icons can be either shown or hidden on each. For Beacons, extra configuration is available, where it is possible to make the Beacon only show on the compass when the engineer is a certain distance away from it, indicated by a circle shown on the map.
Online map tools[edit | edit source]
- https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/interactive-map: This interactive map allows you to display your factory plan and analyze your factory output, etc. Calculator included.
- https://www.satisfactorymap.com: This map allows you to customize the legends to your preference. (April 2020: the map is still on Update 2)
- https://mapisfactory.com: Another map. (April 2020: the map is very outdated, still using info from the Alpha Weekend)
Save files can be uploaded to some maps, allowing for analysis.
Current issue[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.1.0: Updated the in-game map so it contains the changes to the Dune Desert (side effect: this caused some lakes on the map to disappear)
- Patch 0.2.1.9: Fixed that map filters don’t block the map when hidden
- Patch 0.2.1.8: Added the ability to set view distance for beacons on the compass in the map
- Patch 0.2.1.7:
- Minor layout updates on map filter
- Added a small open/close animation for the map filter window
- Patch 0.2.1.5: Added base functionality for filtering the map and compass (still work in progress)
- Patch 0.2.1.4: Added Train Stations and Truck Stations to the map
- Patch 0.1.12: Players now get removed from the compass and map when they disconnect from the game
- Patch 0.1.10: The map now opens centered on the player
- Patch 0.1.9: Fixed a crash related to the map
- Patch 0.1.8: Fixed some map related crashes (on client and host)
- Patch 0.1.7: Updated some map icons
- Patch 0.1.5: The map is now unlockable through normal gameplay