|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
|A short reptilian dog, orange in color and about the height of an engineer's knees.|
The Lizard Doggo is a short reptilian dog, orange in color and about the height of an engineer's knees. It has 4 eyes, long floppy ears, and short legs, with a shrimp-like tail and scales on the back resembling a carapace and a distinctive blue tongue. It occasionally makes a bird-like sound, and will also sneeze at random. It wanders around and will run away from sprinting engineers, but it can be baited with a Paleberry. It is widely viewed as the game's mascot after its initial appearance in the teaser trailer, and was the first and only thing revealed about the game until the E3 Reveal Trailer.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Wild Lizard Doggos are cautious and normally maintain at least 16 meters from walking engineers while looking at the engineer. They always flee from running engineers.
Taming[edit | edit source]
- Doggos can be tamed using Paleberries, which can be found around grassy biomes.
- Once a Lizard Doggo is found, stop moving and wait until it turns around and starts staring at the player.
- Open the Inventory. Hold down on the stack of Paleberries to split 1 from the stack. Drag the 1 Paleberry out of the Inventory window to drop it on the ground.
- Dropping multiple Paleberries as a stack could result in the Doggo eating multiple berries, which is a waste.
- Once the Paleberry is dropped, wait until the Doggo comes over and eats the berry. Do not move while this happens.
- After the doggo eats the berry, approach the doggo and press E to pet.
- If the procedure was done correctly, the doggo will jump up and begin smiling, this means it has been tamed. Its one-slot inventory can now be accessed upon interaction.
- If nothing happens after the doggo is tamed, try walking further away and dropping another Paleberry to repeat the process. This might happen when the doggo was scared at one point.
- Esc has to be used to close the UI, closing with the top right 'X' doesn't work properly.
- You may now press ⇧ Shift to enable running and re-equip Blade Runners.
- To prevent the doggo from getting lost or killed, it should be trapped in a pen. This can be for example a Foundation surrounded by Walls and a ceiling or four corner Walkways. The step height of the Lizard Doggo is 1 meter, and they cannot jump.
If the owner dies, the doggo will forget it's been tamed and has to be re-tamed. Its inventory contents will not be lost, but it will not look for new items while untamed. In multiplayer, only the player who dropped the Palleberry to tame the doggo will be the owner, other players cannot interact with the doggo whatsoever.
Lizard Doggos will try their best to follow their owner, but if the player moves too far away, the Lizard Doggo will run away. If the player returns to the Lizard Doggo (for example, from far away), the Lizard Doggo will appear to be joyful: it will jump around and swing its ears.
Lizard Doggos can be killed by the player, hostile creatures, and from falling too far. Avoid combat and great heights with Lizard Doggos around. It does not drop any items on death.
Generating items[edit | edit source]
Tamed Lizard Doggos can be kept in a makeshift farm in order to gather items frequently.
At random intervals, one of the following items is generated at random in varying quantities in a tamed Lizard Doggo's inventory:
|Ores||Iron Ore • Copper Ore • Limestone • Coal • Caterium Ore • Sulfur • S.A.M. Ore • Raw Quartz • Uranium|
|Flora and Fauna||Leaves • Wood • Mycelia • Flower Petals • Green Power Slug • Yellow Power Slug • Purple Power Slug • Alien Carapace • Alien Organs|
|Healing Items||Beryl Nut • Paleberry • Bacon Agaric|
Within the Lizard Doggo's inventory, the items are generated out of thin air: they do not remove any items in the world: for example, when a Doggo generates a Green Power Slug, the number of Green Power Slug on the map will not reduce.
The Lizard Doggo can also be used as a mule of sorts, as the single inventory slot can be used to store an item. However, given the ease with which the Lizard Doggo is scared away, it is easy to lose items this way.
Nuclear Waste disposal[edit | edit source]
When carrying Uranium or Nuclear Waste, players receive radiation damage, but the Lizard Doggo does not. In addition, Nuclear Waste cannot be trashed, which makes it hard to dispose of. This can be dangerous at low tiers. To solve this, build 2 Storage Containers: One at the Lizard Doggo pen, the other at a location far away from the base, then connect them with a belt. If a Doggo brings you waste, first heal yourself to at least 30%, then pick up the waste and quickly dump it into the Container. The belt will send the waste to the 2nd storage and this minimizes the received Radiation damage.
Another quick and dirty way is to kill the Lizard Doggo carrying the waste. Lizard doggos will respawn after approximately 3 in-game days (3 x 50 minutes) which only makes this method viable for the most patient players as respawning doggos will need to be found and tamed before being able to feed them more waste.
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
- In a multiplayer game, only the player who tamed the Doggo by petting it is able to interact with it and access its inventory.
Current issues[edit | edit source]
- The Lizard Doggo's UI does not properly close when clicking the 'X' button. To properly close it, press Esc.
- Lizard Doggos can easily fall off high ledges, including elevated foundations, and die from fall damage. Avoid keeping them in high places.
Media appearances[edit | edit source]
- It occupies the entirety of the teaser trailer and can be seen attempting to eat a paleberry, while construction work can be heard and shadows and lights can be seen coming from behind the camera.
- In the E3 Reveal Trailer it can briefly be seen riding a conveyor belt at 1:48.
- It also made its appearance at the end of the Update 3 trailer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lizard Doggo's name comes from the combination of its scaly appearance which suggests that it is some sort of reptile, but its behavior is comparable to that of a domestic dog.
- "Doggo" is an informal affectionate term for a dog. It was initially used jokingly but made its way into the game itself.
- The name "Lizard Doggo" was originally coined by YouTube commenter Chad Mojito.
- The "Lizard Doggo" may even get its own plush in real life.
- Internally, it is referred to as "Space Rabbit".
- Lizard Doggos are supposed to be a cross of a rabbit and a shrimp that acts like a dog.
- Lizard Doggos can ride on top of Trains or Trucks the same way engineers can, which can be especially useful for transporting them long-distance.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- No recorded changes
References[edit | edit source]
- Reddit - /r/SatisfactoryGame/ - Lizard doggo gives gifts.. sometimes dangerous gifts
- YouTube - Coffee Stain - New Game GDC 2018 Teaser Trailer - Satisfactory (comment from Chad Mojito)
- YouTube - Coffee Stain - Q&A #2: Satisfactory Multiplayer, mods, lizard doggo plushies, and more!
- YouTube - March 9th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Lizard Doggo plushie when?
- YouTube - March 9th, 2020 Livestream - Snutt Talk: Lizard Doggo work name