|“||R&D inflated your pocket-dimension.||„|
The Inventory is where engineers store items and equip equipment and consumables. Its size can be upgraded with various milestones and research. The starting size is 16 slots, and the current maximum size is 72 slots. There is also a trash slot which will destroy any items dragged into it, except for Nuclear Waste.
Unlocking[edit | edit source]
The inventory is unlocked after the engineer has opened the CODEX for the first time.
Control[edit | edit source]
- Stack transfer - Items can be quickly transferred as a stack to/from the inventory by holding ⇧ Left Shift when an item.
- Mass transfer - All items of the same type will be transferred when dragging an item followed by holding Ctrl and drag into another inventory, or Ctrl + .
- Splitting stacks - will split a stack in half. Holding down allows splitting off specific amounts, either by using the slider or manual input.
- Sorting - Inventories (including storage buildings) have a button to sort all items.
- Hotbar - Items in the inventory can't go into the hotbar (only buildings can). Alt + to scroll between hotbars.
- Hand slots - to scroll between hand slots.
- Equip - Double or ⇧ Shift + will equip items in the hand or body slot.
- Insert relevant items - Using Keypad 1 to 0 while interacting with a building with relevant items can be used to insert the relevant items to the building input or Power Shard slot.
- Keypad 1 will transfer Modular Frames to the Manufacturer.
- Keypad 2 or 3 will transfer Steel Pipes to the Manufacturer.
- Keypad 4 will do nothing, since the Manufacturer is full of Encased Industrial Beams in that slot.
- Keypad 5 or 6 or 7 will transfer Screws to the Manufacturer.
- Keypad 8 or 9 will do nothing, as you can't transfer items to the output slot using shortcuts. You can, however, drag items into it.
- Keypad 0 will insert 1 Power Shard into the Power Shard slot for overclocking.
- The 11th and 12th relevant item slots do not have shortcut keys.
Item stack size[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Tier||Type||Name||Inventory slots||Hand slots|
|0||Tier 0||Hub Upgrade 1||3||-|
|0||Tier 0||Hub Upgrade 4||3||-|
|1||Tier 1||Field Research||5||1|
|2||Tier 2||Obstacle Clearing||5||-|
|4||Tier 4||Improved Melee Combat||5||1|
|-||Alien Organisms||Expanded Toolbelt||-||1|
|-||Alien Organisms||Inflated Pocket Dimension||5||-|
|-||Caterium Research||Caterium - Inflated Pocket Dimension #1||5||-|
|-||Caterium Research||Caterium - Inflated Pocket Dimension #2||5||-|
|-||Sulfur Research||Expanded Toolbelt||-||1|
|-||Sulfur Research||Inflated Pocket Dimension||5||-|
|-||Hard Drive||Expanded Pocket Dimension||5||-|
|-||Hard Drive||Inflated Pocket Dimension||5||-|
Hand and body slot[edit | edit source]
To equip item or body equipment into slots, you can either drag, ⇧ Shift + or Double that item in the inventory window. To use a consumable, such as a healing item, scroll until it is in your hand then to consume.
|Beryl Nut||Hand||Healing, consumable||-|
|Bacon Agaric||Hand||Healing, consumable||-|
|Color Gun||Hand||Equipment||Color Cartridge|
|Rebar Gun||Hand||Ranged Weapon||Spiked Rebar|
|Hand||Ranged Weapon||unknown, not Spiked Rebar|
|Medicinal Inhaler||Hand||Healing, consumable||-|
|Nobelisk Detonator||Hand||Ranged Weapon||Nobelisk|
|Radioactivity Resistant Suit||Body||Equipment||Iodine Infused Filter|