Industrial Fluid Buffer is the larger variant of the Fluid Buffer with six times the capacity.
Both have 2 fluid connectors, both of which are non-directional. Similar-sized Fluid Buffers can be stacked on each other.
Capacity[edit | edit source]
The capacity of both buffers is as follows:
- The normal (smaller) one stores 400 m3.
- The Industrial stores 2400 m3.
The larger variant stores 6 times as much, but it takes up 8.17 times as much space. Therefore, the Industrial variant is less space effective.
Just like Pipelines, only one type of fluid can be stored in a single Buffer at a time.
Flushing[edit | edit source]
Similar to Pipelines, flushing can be performed to delete all the contained fluid by interacting with it (default E). There are 2 modes:
- 'This Buffer Only' flushes only the content in the selected buffer.
- 'Entire Pipe Network' flushes the fluid in all the connected pipelines and buffers.
Head Lift[edit | edit source]
- Fluid Buffers require a Head Lift equivalent to their own height to be filled. The smaller one requires 8 m, Industrial 12 m Head Lift.
- Insufficient Head Lift will cause the buffer to only get partially filled.
- Fluid Buffers apply Head Lift equivalent to their own fill height. Additionally, previously applied Head Lift will not be propagated until they are full.
- For example, a half-full Fluid Buffer has a fluid height level of 4m (half of the 8m height of the buffer), a 3/4 full Industrial one of 9m (3/4 the 12m height of the buffer).
- A Pipeline rising higher than the buffer before it cannot be filled without a Pipeline Pump being directly applied to it, since Buffers can't apply a Head Lift greater than their own height.
See also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.0: The larger Industrial Fluid Buffer is now 2400 m3. The smaller variant of Industrial Fluid Buffer is renamed to Fluid Buffer and holds 400 m3.
- Patch 0.3: Introduced