The HUD or Heads Up Display is a graphical interface overlaid onto the screen to give the engineer information. It includes a cross-hair, compass, hotbar, a list of shortcuts, health bar, and equipment status.
Compass[edit | edit source]
The compass shows the cardinal directions relative to the engineer's current facing and also indicates the directions of any vehicles with an icon. It also shows the direction of waypoints from the HUB or Beacons.
- Take note the cardinal directions are not exactly aligned to the center of each alphabet: E, W, N and S, instead they are aligned slightly to the left.
Hotbar[edit | edit source]
The hotbar is a list of numbered slots, similar to hotbars found in many other games. Placeable entities such as vehicles and buildings can be placed in the slots, allowing them to be selected and placed. For example, if you wish to build conveyor belts without having to enter the build interface every time, you can place it in the hotbar by entering the build menu and hovering over the image of the conveyor belt with the mouse. Then you press a number (1-0) on your keyboard and the conveyor belt will be placed in the corresponding slot on your hotbar.
The hotbar currently serves for building shortcuts only, it does not interact with the player's inventory.
There are 10 hotbars. Scroll through them with Alt+scroll.
Shortcuts[edit | edit source]
The shortcuts menu lists several tool icons and their associated hotkeys.
Health and equipment status[edit | edit source]
The health bar indicates how many health points the engineer has, one segment corresponds to 10 health points, with full health at 100 HP (10 segments).
If any equipment is equipped, a corresponding status bar showing the status of the equipment will appear above the engineer's health bar:
- If fuel is required to operate the tool, the fuel available in inventory will be displayed.
- If there is no fuel available, there will be a warning icon indicating that the tool will not work.
- The Chainsaw stores fuel internally. Body equipment using fuel (Jetpack, Gas Mask, Hazmat Suit) show a bar with how much is left before another fuel unit will be consumed, or before the equipment will stop operating.
- If the equipment is stackable, the amount of it in the stack is displayed (consumables, Parachute)
- If driving a wheeled vehicle, the HP of the vehicle will also be shown. If the vehicle HP is depleted, it will disappear.
Map[edit | edit source]
- See Map
Photo mode[edit | edit source]
- Pressing P will bring up the photo mode, which can be used to take screenshots. HUD does not appear in screenshots taken in photo mode.
- Additional controls while in this mode are displayed on the screen.
- You can opt to hide the UI.
- You can opt for High Resolution screenshot, which is double resolution of the current window.
- Use mouse wheel to zoom in / out.
- Screenshots can be found in
- To remove obstructions by hands, un-equip all hand slot items.
Note: The current build (as of May 12, 2019) seems to ignore .'s in usernames for photo mode.
Game version[edit | edit source]
- At the top left is the game version.
- For multiplayer session, all clients must own the same version of the game as the host to be able to join the game.
Milestone requirement[edit | edit source]
- At the top right is the current Milestone requirement.
- If a milestone is recently completed, the timer will indicate when the FICSIT Freighter will land back to the HUB.
To Do List[edit | edit source]
- At the middle right is the To Do List.
- Items or Building blueprints can be added to the To Do List using Codex, Craft Bench or Build menu.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The HUD as the engineer exits the Drop-pod
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch Closed Alpha 4: Photo mode introduced