|This article is a stub. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
|Consumes Fuel to generate electricity for your power grid. Has an input so feeding Fuel can be automated.|
|Unlocks at||Tier 6|
|Power Generated||150 MW|
|Fuel||Fuel, Biofuel, Turbofuel|
Fuel energy values[edit | edit source]
Energy is given in MJ.
|Fuel Type||Energy||Stack Size||Energy/Stack||Burn time(sec)|
Generators per node[edit | edit source]
A single crude oil node can support the following number of fuel generators operating a peak capacity:
|Impure||60||1||3.125*||468.75 MW||450 MW **|
|Normal||120||2||6.25*||937.5 MW||900 MW **|
|Pure||240||4||12.5*||1875 MW||1800 MW **|
- *The decimal in the Number of fuel generator column means the last generator might not be able to run at 100%. Underclock the last generator to prevent power trip.
- ** Value calculated from the rounded down number of fuel generators.
The equation is as follows:
For a fuel generator that is not overclocked, Fuel burn time is 5 seconds (displayed next to the stopwatch in the fuel generator UI).
Fuel burn time and peak capacity[edit | edit source]
The real Fuel Burn Time with all generators depends on the amount of power actually being used. However, the UI does not show the real burn time, it shows the burn time if the generator is operating at peak capacity.
So, the 5 seconds burn time for Fuel Generators shown in game is how long it takes to burn 1 Fuel if all of the power that the generator can possibly produce is being used.
For example: if a base has 1 Fuel Generator, and is using all of the possible 150 MW, the fuel burn time will be 5 seconds. But, if the base is only using 75 MW, the fuel burn time will be (supposedly) doubled. (More research needed on this)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Fuel Generator, like all power generating buildings, behaves differently to other buildings when overclocked. See Clock Speed for more info.
- Biofuel can be used to feed fuel generators.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.1.5 (experimental): changed crafting recipe from 3 Heavy Modular Frame, 5 Motor, and 5 Circuit Board to 10 Heavy Modular Frame, 10 Motor, and 5 Computer
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]