|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "History is missing, page could use some images"
|The Freight Car can be built on Railways and attached to an Electric Locomotive or other Freight Car to transport resources. Resources are loaded or unloaded at Freight Platforms. |
Has a 1600 m3 or 32 slot capacity, depending on the resources.
|Unlocked at||Tier 6 - Monorail Train Technology|
|Inventory size||1600 m3 or 32 Stacks|
Freight Cars are a type of vehicle that can be attached to Electric Locomotives or another Freight Car to form a train. They have a capacity of 32 item slots or 1600 m3 for fluids and allow for the transportation of resources over Railways. Freight Cars can be loaded and unloaded via Freight Platforms or Fluid Freight Platforms.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
- If at least one item is loaded, a freight container will be shown. Items can be either loaded manually or with Freight Platforms.
- If any fluid is loaded, a fluid tank will be shown. Fluids can be only loaded with Fluid Freight Platforms. Much like Pipeline networks, a single Freight Car can only carry one type of fluid at a time.
- When carrying fluids, a flush option will appear similar to Pipelines. Flushing a fluid tank will remove all the fluid from the car, and the tank.
- Only the selected car will be flushed. Other cars in the train and any Fluid Freight Platform the train may be at will be unaffected.
- A single Freight Car cannot carry a fluid and items simultaneously.
- If nothing is loaded, only the undercarriage is shown.
- Whether a container is present or not does not affect the weight of the train.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the unloading animation, the crane at the (Fluid) Freight Platform will grab the container (tank) from the Freight Car and then drop at the cargo of the Freight Platform.
- If the Freight Platform does not have enough free space to load / unload all items, a different animation will be played:
- When unloading a Freight Car, the container/tank will hoisted above the Freight Platform cargo. Its door is opened from below with its contents dropped into the Platform cargo. It will then be placed back onto the Freight Car undercarriage.
- When loading a Freight Car, the Freight Platform crane will pick up the cargo of the platform, hoist it above the Freight Car and load it in a similar way.
- If an engineer is standing on the undercarriage and loads an item, the freight container will spawn and instantly kill the engineer. If a Freight Platform loads a container over an engineer, the engineer will die the same way. However, engineers can ride the container when it's being unloaded.
See Also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]