Industrial Fluid Buffer is the larger variant of the Fluid Buffer with six times the capacity.
Both have 2 fluid connectors, both of which are non-directional. Similar-sized Fluid Buffers can be stacked on each other.
Capacity[edit | edit source]
The capacity of both buffers is as follows:
- The normal (smaller) one stores 400 m3.
- The Industrial stores 2400 m3.
The larger variant stores 6 times as much, but it takes up 8.17 times as much space. Therefore, the Industrial variant is less space effective.
Just like Pipelines, only one type of fluid can be stored in a single Buffer at a time.
Flushing[edit | edit source]
Similar to Pipelines, flushing can be performed to delete all the contained fluid by interacting with it (default E). There are 2 modes:
- 'This Buffer Only' flushes only the content in the selected buffer.
- 'Full Pipe Network' flushes the fluid in all the connected pipelines and buffers.
Head Lift[edit | edit source]
A fully filled Fluid Buffer has a head lift of 8 meters, while the Industrial Fluid Buffer has a head lift of 12 meters. Partially filled buffers has reduced head lift proportional to the percentage of filled volume. The head lift of the buffers are measured from the center of their pipe connectors.
See also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.0: The larger Industrial Fluid Buffer is now 2400 m3. The smaller variant of Industrial Fluid Buffer is renamed to Fluid Buffer and holds 400 m3.
- Patch 0.3: Introduced