The Fluffy-tailed Hog (a.k.a 'Hog'), is a melee hostile creature that deals damage with its tackle attack. It is the most common creature in the world.
- Hogs patrol around their spawning point, which is commonly around resource nodes, Power Slugs, Mercer Spheres, Somersloops, and Crash Sites, but can also be anywhere in the world.
- Hogs makes a bear-like sound when patrolling.
- Hogs can be seen in groups of 3 or more. Some are led by a larger variant, the Alpha Hog.
- If an engineer approaches a hog, it will become aggressive. All other nearby hogs, if present, will become aggressive as well. Hogs will start attacking the nearest engineer in this mode.
- Hogs ignore all vehicles, even if an engineer is within.
- A hog triggers its tackle attack by charging and ramming the engineer at a high speed.
- If a hog is attacked by an engineer when the hog either hasn't targeted the engineer or cannot reach the engineer (e.g. while standing on a platform or flying with the Jetpack), it will flee for a short while, then walk back to its spawn point.
- A hog drops an Alien Carapace after being killed. If it falls into a void, it will not drop any loot.
- Equip yourself with a weapon such as a Xeno-Zapper.
- Make sure you are running. Press ⇧ Shift to toggle run. Make sure the running mode is set to 'Toggle' under Options->Controls.
- When a hog detects that an engineer is nearby, it will run towards the nearest engineer, pause momentarily, then trigger its tackle attack by charging towards the engineer at a high speed.
- In its attack mode you can see horizontal lines and a blur effect behind the hog, indicating that it is moving at a high speed.
- Its attack can be completely dodged by getting out of its path of attack:
- Moving sideways (A or D)
- Jumping (Space)
- Moving backwards and sideways at the same time ((AS or SD)) while looking at the hog
- When it passes by you, use your Xeno-Zapper to double attack it with Double-click. If you hit a hog, it will stop running, but will again attempt to charge at you.
- When a hog's missed its attack to hit you, it will run in a large circle and adjust its path until you are in its running path.
- It cannot turn around with a tight radius while it is sprinting. It can choose to pause momentarily and turn its body around.
- If a hog hits you, you will be sent backwards, flying across a short distance. 1 health segment (10HP) will be deducted. Fall damage can also be inflicted if you land on lower ground.
- As a hog has only 20 HP and each zap attack deals 5 damage, it can be killed with 4 zaps.
- If the hog dies, pick up the Alien Carapace dropped by it.
- Try to handle only one hog at a time.
- It is possible to kill a hog without getting yourself injured, but if your health drops too low, consider fleeing or healing yourself.
- If you attempt to flee, do not do so on flat ground, as you cannot outrun a hog. Instead, try to escape to higher ground or lower ground. Jumping on top of a small rock will do.
- Wait until your health slowly regenerates back to 3 segments (30 HP). Use a healing item such as a Beryl Nut to heal beyond that amount.
- A Fluffy-tailed Hog is referred to as Phacochoerus Plumeus Cauda in-game by ADA.
- It is a creature first seen in the E3 Trailer 
- It is unknown whether it attacks because it is territorial or if it is carnivorous and sees the engineer as food. However, the first seems the most likely as hogs do not sport any sharp teeth.
A hog walking inside a forest.
A hog attacking the engineer.
Hogs will remain in a passive state if they cannot reach the platform on which the Engineer is currently standing.
Size Comparison. Left: Alpha Hog; Right: Normal sized hog. (outdated Alpha Hog appearance)