This is a list of the default controls:
|Primary Fire / Vehicle Horn / Take Photo in Photo Mode|
|Secondary Fire / Split Item / High Resolution Photo Mode|
|R||Weapon Reload / Change Spline Build Mode|
|Space||Jump / Vehicle Handbrake|
|⇧ Left Shift||Press||Sprint|
|V||unknown||Resource Scanner / Vehicle Menu|
|Z||Press||Open Map (unlocked via Quartz Research)|
|Q||Build Menu (Build Gun in Construction Mode)|
|up||Previous Held Item / Rotate Hologram Right / Increase Photo FOV|
|down||Next Held Item / Rotate Hologram Left / Decrease Photo FOV|
|Left Ctrl||unknown||Build Gun Snap To Guide Lines / Toggle Mass Dismantle|
|F||Dismantle Mode (Build Gun in Dismantle Mode)|
|↵ Enter||Open Chat|
|P||Open / Close Photo Mode|
|(press)||Toggle Photo Mode UI Visibility / Building Eyedropper (copy building)|
|N||unknown||Open Quick Search|
|Alt+up||Cycle to Next Hotbar|
|Alt+down||Cycle to Previous Hotbar|
|1||Building Shortcut 1 / Relevant Item 1|
|2||Building Shortcut 2 / Relevant Item 2|
|3||Building Shortcut 3 / Relevant Item 3|
|4||Building Shortcut 4 / Relevant Item 4|
|5||Building Shortcut 5 / Relevant Item 5|
|6||Building Shortcut 6 / Relevant Item 6|
|7||Building Shortcut 7 / Relevant Item 7|
|8||Building Shortcut 8 / Relevant Item 8|
|9||Building Shortcut 9 / Relevant Item 9|
|0||Building Shortcut 10 / Relevant Item 10|
With some exceptions, keyboard controls can be rebound in settings. There is no customization available for controllers.
- Pressing Space while driving a Truck or Explorer will perform a drift.
- Holding down V allows to select the target resource the Resource Scanner will scan for.
- The Map is only accessible after it has been researched in the M.A.M. Quartz Research.
- Crouching while running will perform a slide.
- Crouching before jumping will result in a higher and longer jump.
- Approach a Resource node and press E to start manual mining. To do AFK hand mining, open the Inventory Tab ↹ while E is held down, then let go.
- For Nobelisks, holding down allows them to be thrown further.
- Photo Mode can be used as binoculars by scrolling to zoom.
- Pressing or holding Ctrl while dismantling will activate Mass Dismantle mode, where up to 50 structures can be marked to be deconstructed simultaneously.
- Pressing Left Ctrl while building will align the building in a straight line, or snap to the next building.
- Pressing in build or dismantle mode while facing a building will copy the blueprint of the aimed building.
- All building shortcuts are only for buildings and vehicles in the build menu. They are not for equipment and consumables.
- These can be assigned by hovering over a building/vehicle in the build menu and pressing the keybind.
- These might not work for some keyboard layouts. This can be fixed easily by manually rebinding each key.
- There are 10 hotbars, use Alt+ to cycle through them.
- In the Esc menu, the respawn option is available, which will instantly kill the player.
- In the inventory window Tab ↹, to split a stack into halves. Holding down on the stack enables custom splitting, use the slider or manual input the desired number of split item.
- The N Quick Search is also a simple single-line calculator (see below).
|+ ⇧ Shift||Transfer the clicked item (or single stack) between opened inventories / quickly equip equipment|
|+ Ctrl||Transfer all of the clicked items of same type between opened inventories|
In-game calculator[edit | edit source]
The Quick Search in-game N also serves as a simple calculator. The following operators are supported:
+ - * /: Arithmetic
( ): Parenthesis
Other controls[edit | edit source]
The following controls cannot be customized in game.
|Alt+F4||-||Close the game window|
|Alt+↵ Enter or F11||-||Toggle between full screen & windowed mode. This may result the game to be displayed at non-native resolution when maximized.|
|Ctrl+⇧ Shift+L||-||Enable console|
|~||-||Activate console / expands up console window|