Foundation 8m x 4m
|Foundation 8m x 4m|
|Provides a flat floor to build your factory on. Buildings on top of the foundation are adjusted to a grid, to make it easier to line them up to each other.|
|Unlocks at||Tier 0|
Resources breakdown [ ]
6 × Concrete
Total Base Ingredients
Description[edit | edit source]
Use[edit | edit source]
The foundation not only serves to flatten your production line but also has an 8x8 "grid" linked to it, which allow a perfect alignment and non-colliding side-to-side structures.
While you must construct the very first Foundation block on the ground, floating on water or attached to a cliff (if possible), you can attach subsequent foundation blocks on top, under, and/or on either of the 4 sides. You can deconstruct that first starting block later.
With Foundations, you can create multiple floors so you can expand a production facility vertically and not horizontally. While this brings a few construction challenges, it can reduce the footprint of your facilities.
Proprietary and Top Secret FICSIT technology have created Foundations that do not need support to the ground. You can construct large unsupported bridges and work floors, even floating in mid-air (although you need to temporarily construct support structure which you can destroy afterward).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Small production facilities can easily be set up without Foundations. But making large facilities without Foundations will be problematic or even impossible due to the uneven terrain and inability to place buildings accurately.
- It is a good idea to always have enough Concrete in your inventory when you go exploring since you can create bridges and ramps with Foundations to reach places you can otherwise not walk, jump or fly to.
- If you are going to build an outpost far away from your main base or hub, it's a good idea to first find a nearby Limestone deposit and build a small concrete production facility with one or two Storage Containers attached to the output. This could save you several time-consuming trips back to base to fetch more Concrete. A Miner or Miner Mk2 and two Constructors can easily be powered by a single Biomass Burner. You can fuel the burner with organic material you collect nearby (or more ideally a stack of Biofuel you brought with you or make on the spot with a Craft Bench).
- The Foundation 8m x 2m is the more preferred way to create large floors because of the height saved.
- In a pinch, it is easy to make extra Concrete in the Craft Bench manually mined from Limestone chunks which you can find all over the map.
- With some practice and a good method, you can build large foundations very rapidly.
See also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]