Engineers can choose to engage in combat with creatures found in the world, in order to access resources they are nesting on and will need to defend themselves from hostile wildlife while exploring. Creatures will never attack structures built by engineers, only targeting the engineers. The engineer will die if the health drops to zero. Dead creatures drop loot on death and leave their corpses on the ground that despawn after a short amount of time if not in sight.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Below is a list of usable weapons and their damage per hit:
Creature respawn mechanism[edit | edit source]
- There are spawn points for hostile creatures such as Hogs and Spitters, scattered around the map, particularly nearby Resource Nodes or collectibles.
- If creatures were killed, they will attempt to respawn within three game days, and only if the engineer is not within 300 meters of the spawn point.
- At the start of the game, (or upon game updates/balancing) the hostile creatures will be present around their spawn point by default.
To prevent hostile creature respawn, the following must be fulfilled:
- There are at least five player-built buildings within the 300 meters radius of the hostile spawn point.
- One of the building must be a powered factory. Note that a power pole does not count as a factory, but is counted as a building.
- The existing creatures around their spawn point, if present, must be killed first.
- The creatures with their spawn point only active at night, must wait to be spawned at least once then be killed, even if all the above criteria are fulfilled before the first night.
Creature teleportation[edit | edit source]
- If a hostile creature moves too far away from its spawn point, it will be automatically teleported back to it, provided the player is not near the spawn point (~ 80 m). For example, if the engineer attempts to lure a stinger to fall off an edge, or move out of a cave, the stinger will be teleported back to its spawn point.
- Same applies to most other creatures except Hogs.
- A creature's HP resets back to full-health after it is teleported back to its spawn point.
Combat capable creatures[edit | edit source]
- Fluffy-tailed Hog
- Alpha Hog
- Alpha Spitter
- Flying Crab Hatcher
- Flying Crab
- Crab Boss
- Tiny Stinger
- Large Stinger
- Elite Stinger
References[edit | edit source]