Engineers can choose to engage in combat with creatures found in the world, in order to access resources they are nesting on and will need to defend themselves from hostile wildlife while exploring. Creatures will never attack structures built by engineers, only targeting the engineers. The engineer will die if the health drops to zero. Dead creatures drop loot on death and leave their corpses on the ground that despawn after a short amount of time if not in sight.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Creature respawn mechanism[edit | edit source]
- There are spawn points for hostile creatures such as Hogs and Spitters, scattered around the map, particularly nearby Resource Nodes or collectibles.
- If creatures were killed, they will attempt to respawn within 3 game days, and only if engineer is within 300 meters of the spawn point.
- At the start of the game, (or upon game updates / balancing) the hostile creatures will be present around their spawn point by default.
To prevent hostile creature respawn, the following must be fulfilled:
- There are at least 5 player-built buildings within the 300 meters radius of the hostile spawn point.
- One of the building must be powered factory and is running smoothly. Note that power pole does not count as a factory, but is counted as a building. Same applies to a stopped factory due to lacking or saturation of material.
- The existing creatures around their spawn point, if present, must be killed first.
Combat capable creatures[edit | edit source]
- Fluffy-tailed Hog
- Alpha Hog
- Alpha Spitter
- Flying Crab Hatcher
- Flying Crab
- Crab Boss
- Tiny Stinger
- Large Stinger
- Elite Stinger
References[edit | edit source]