|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "Need restructure."
|Paints factory buildings and vehicles. The color can be adjusted prior to painting.|
|Unlocked at||Flower Petals Research - Color Gun|
|Rate of fire||2 /s|
|Ammo for the Color Gun.|
Necessary to change the color of factory buildings and vehicles.
|Unlocked at||Flower Petals Research - Color Cartridges|
|Stack Energy||180 GJ|
Stack Burn Time
The Color Gun is a hand-held tool that allows the color theme of buildings to be changed, improving the aesthetics of the factory and allowing color-coding. It consumes one Color Cartridge for each use and has a magazine size of 100. When reloading, it consumes up to 100 Color Cartridges from the engineer's inventory.
The Color Cartridge is ammunition for the Color Gun. Each cartridge provides one shot for the Color Gun, regardless of the size of the colored object or even if a paint-able object was hit or not.
Color Cartridge can also be used as a fuel for Vehicles. At 900 MJ, it is the 3rd most energy efficient non-radioactive fuel item in the game after Battery (6000 MJ) and Packaged Turbofuel (2000 MJ). It can't be used as a fuel for Biomass Burner or other generators though.
Unlock[edit | edit source]
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Equipment Workshop||Flower Petals Research - Color Gun|
|Flower Petals Research - Color Cartridges|
Changing Color[edit | edit source]
While the Color Gun is equipped, to choose one of the 16 preset color themes. The preset color for each theme can be edited, but doing so will also update all buildings which use that theme. The top-left color theme is the default orange and blue that all buildings start with. Changing this theme changes all unpainted buildings.
Each color theme consists of two colors. In the right-click menu, the player can use the sliders to edit each color, which uses the HSV color space. By clicking on the numbers on the right side a number can be manually entered. A building aimed by the color gun will be highlighted. The paint cursor at the center of the game window indicates whether the current target can be painted: if it is paintable, it shows the paint bucket icon with a drop. If not, it will show a 'X' beside the paint cursor.
|16, 0.93, 0.95||242, 77, 17||#F24D11||232, 0.57, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|211, 0.77, 0.65||38, 100, 166||#2664A6||36, 0.64, 0.34||87, 65, 31||#57411F|
|11, 0.91, 0.8||204, 52, 18||#CC3412||234, 0.2, 0.38||78, 79, 97||#4E4F61|
|236, 0.32, 0.18||31, 32, 46||#1F202E||147, 0.34, 0.36||61, 92, 75||#3D5C4B|
|221, 0.08, 0.81||190, 185, 207||#BEB9CF||232, 0.57, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|91, 0.61, 0.73||127, 186, 73||#7FBA49||232, 0.57, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|319, 0.65, 1||255, 89, 203||#FF59CB||232, 0.57, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|176, 0.48, 0.87||115, 222, 215||#73DED7||232, 0.58, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|35, 0.79, 0.49||125, 84, 26||#7D541A||180, 0.06, 0.35||84, 89, 89||#545959|
|35, 0.29, 0.96||245, 215, 174||#F5D7AE||232, 0.58, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|263, 0.66, 0.98||148, 85, 250||#9455FA||232, 0.58, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|159, 0.69, 0.64||0, 135, 78||#0874E||232, 0.58, 0.26||56, 56, 56||#1D2242|
|52, 0.65, 0.93||237, 217, 83||#EDD953||232, 0.58, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|65, 0.14, 0.31||78, 79, 68||#4E4F44||232, 0.58, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|309, 0.79, 0.47||120, 25, 106||#78196A||232, 0.58, 0.26||29, 34, 66||#1D2242|
|0, 0, 0.22||56, 56, 56||#383838||235, 0.1, 0.87||200, 202, 222||#C8CADE|
Non-paintable objects[edit | edit source]
Current issues[edit | edit source]
- When using a paint gun, it will cause the engineer's running speed to slow down for a brief moment, then resumes back to normal running speed.
- When painting pumps, players must restart the game before the color change is visible.
- When painting pipelines, the flow indicator will remain the same color as before while the rest of the pipe changes color. Players must restart the game before the color change on the flow indicator is visible.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A color cartridge will be consumed even if the engineer aimed at nothing or painted a building with the same colors it already had.
- Sometimes the color won't change instantly and will have a few seconds of delay.
- Despite its description, it cannot paint vehicles, not even by changing the default color scheme. Train cargo containers will have the color of the current station for the load/unload animations until the animation finishes, after which their color reverts.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Several Freight Platforms painted with the Color Gun.
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3.4.14: Production cycle shortened, production values are unchanged.