|Paints factory buildings and vehicles. The color can be adjusted prior to painting.|
|Crafted In||Equipment Workshop|
The Color Gun is a hand-held tool that allows the color theme of buildings to be changed, improving the aesthetics of the factory and allowing color-coding. It consumes one Color Cartridge upon use and has a magazine size of 100. When reloading, it consumes color cartridges from the engineer's inventory. It can be unlocked by researching flower petals in the M.A.M. which will unlock the Color Gun tier 2 milestone.
Color selection[edit | edit source]
When the Color Gun is equipped, Right-Click to choose one of the 16 preset color themes. Each theme can be edited, but doing so will also update all buildings which use that theme. The top-left color theme is the default orange and blue that all buildings start with. Changing this theme changes all unpainted buildings.
Each color theme consists of two colors. In the right-click menu, the player can use the sliders to edit each color, which uses the HSV color space. By clicking on the numbers on the right side a number can be manually entered.
A building aimed by the color gun will be highlighted. The icon at the center of the game window will indicate whether the current target can be painted.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A color cartridge will be consumed even if the engineer aimed at nothing or painted a building with the same colors it already had.
- Sometimes the color won't change instantly and will have a few seconds of delay.
- The color gun does not work on conveyor belts. To change conveyor belts' color, edit the default color theme.
- The color gun does not work on vehicles at all.
- The original values of the default (orange and blue-grey) color scheme are (20, 0.85, 1) for the orange and (232, 0.57, 0.26) for the blue-grey.
See also[edit | edit source]