|Burns coal and Water for electricity for your power grid. |
Has an input so feeding coal and Water can be automated.
|Unlocks at||Tier 3
|Power Generated||75 MW|
|Fuel||Coal, Compacted Coal, Petroleum Coke|
The Coal Generator is a building that generates Power by using Coal and Water. It is the first fully automate-able power source the player has access to and also the first power source to use a mined resource.
Fuel energy values[edit | edit source]
Coal Generators accept the following types of fuel. Water usage does not change with the type of fuel used (always 45 m³/min):
|Fuel Type||Energy (MJ)||Stack Size||Energy/Stack (MJ)||Burn time (sec)||Items per Minute|
Generators per node[edit | edit source]
A single node can support the following number of Coal Generators operating at sustained peak capacity (decimal amounts of machines mean that the clock speed of the last machine needs to be adjusted for maximum efficiency):
|Coal/min||Water||Water m³/min||Number of
- Coal burn time is 4 seconds, which means that a single Coal Generator consumes 15 Coal/min.
- Pipelines only have a capacity of 300 m³/min. Thus, when connecting Water Extractors to a line feeding 7 or more Coal Generators, Water inputs either need to be spaced out or be separated.
- Alternatively, it is possible to underclock each Water Extractor to 75% and connect it to exactly 2 Coal Generators. Then, the amount of Water Extractors is half the amount of Coal Generators.
- The Miner and Water Extractors consume power, so the actual power capacity is less.
|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "New Fuel energy values must be provided due to the changes to the coal generator in Update 0.3"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Coal Generator, like all power generating buildings, behaves differently to other buildings when overclocked. See Clock Speed for more info.
- The top part of the chimney is not inside the building collision box; it will stick through a foundation if the foundation is built 32 meters above it. (Note: in the Experimental version of Patch 0.3, this appears to have been fixed.)
See also[edit | edit source]
- Biomass Burner
- Fuel Generator
- Geo Thermal Generator
- Nuclear Reactor
- Compacted Coal
- Petroleum Coke
History[edit | edit source]
- Patch 0.3: Now requires Water to operate, appearance changed accordingly to include a Pipeline input.