Category:Item stack size
Solid items have defined stack size. Within the stack size, multiple items of the same kind are automatically grouped into a single slot in engineer's or building's inventory. If more than that, items are overflowed into the next slot.
- Most production buildings have only 1 slot for each kind of input and output items. If any of the the output stack is full, the building will pause until the slot is not full.
- Storages and vehicles generally have multiple slots to store large amount of items.
- Dropped items always attempt to group in stacks.
- Most equipment do not stack - they have stack size of 1.
- The stack size of solid items can be 1, 50, 100, 200, or 500.
- In many fluid-related buildings such as a Refinery, they are limits to the buildings input and output fluid slot, measured in m3.
- Certain glitches allow the fluid to be contained in slots, such as when dismantling a Freight Car loaded with fluid.