||A factory needs power, and power needs a generator. In comes the biomass generator, cleaning up your lawn and building a better world in one fell swoop!
||~ Caterina Parks's assistant Steve
The Biomass Burner is an early Power generator that uses organic material as fuel. These materials can be gathered from trees, shrubs, and most flora seen in the world. Later these raw materials can be refined into Biomass and Biofuel for more fuel efficiency.
The HUB can have two (small) Biomass Burners attached onto it — one for completing each of these Tier 0 Milestones: "Hub Upgrade 1" and "Hub Upgrade 4".
Energy is given in MJ. 1MJ provides 1MW of power for 1 second, or 20MW of power (1 Biomass Burner at 100% load) for 0.05 seconds.
Most fuel types can be crafted into a higher tier fuel type, increasing their Energy.
- Input Energy: refers to the total energy of the items that go into one crafting process
- Output Energy: refers to the total energy of the items that come out of one crafting process
- Energy Multiplier: How much energy you gain by crafting it into the next tier item.
- The biomass burner, like all power generating buildings, behaves differently to other buildings when overclocked. See Clock Speed for more info.
- Since the game map is hand-made there is a limited amount of biomass available on the map, meaning that with enough determination you could run out of fuel to put in these generators.