|This article is a stub. You can help Satisfactory Wiki by .|
|Burns various forms of biomass to generate electricity for the power grid. Has no input and must therefore be fed biomass manually.|
|Unlocks at||Tier 0
|Power Generated||30 MW|
|Fuel||Leaves, Flower Petals, Wood, Mycelia, Biomass, Solid Biofuel, Alien Carapace, Alien Organs, Fabric, Packaged Liquid Biofuel|
|“||A factory needs power, and power needs a generator. In comes the biomass generator, cleaning up your lawn and building a better world in one fell swoop!||„|
|~ Caterina Parks's assistant Steve|
The Biomass Burner is an early Power generator that uses organic material as fuel. These materials can be gathered from trees, shrubs, and most flora and fauna found in the world. Later these raw materials can be refined into Biomass and Solid Biofuel for higher fuel efficiency.
Fuel energy values[edit | edit source]
Energy is given in MJ. 1MJ provides 1MW of power for 1 second or 30MW of power (1 Biomass Burner at 100% load) for 0.033 seconds.
|Fuel Type||Energy (MJ)||Stack size||Energy/stack (MJ)||Burn time (s)||Burn time/stack (s)|
|Packaged Liquid Biofuel||750||100||75000|
Conversion[edit | edit source]
Most fuel types can be crafted into a higher tier fuel type, increasing their Energy.
- Input Energy: refers to the total energy of the items that go into one crafting process
- Output Energy: refers to the total energy of the items that come out of one crafting process
- Energy Multiplier: How much energy you gain by crafting it into the next tier item.
|Fuel Type||Input Energy||Output Fuel||Output Energy||Energy Multiplier|
|10 × Leaves||150||5 × Biomass||600||4|
|4 × Wood||400||20 × Biomass||2400||6|
|10 × Mycelia||200||10 × Biomass||1200||6|
|1 × Alien Carapace||250||100 × Biomass||12,000||48|
|1 × Alien Organs||250||200 × Biomass||24,000||96|
|8 × Biomass||960||4 × Solid Biofuel||1800||1.875|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The biomass burner, like all power generating buildings, behaves differently to other buildings when overclocked. See Clock Speed for more info.
- Since the game map is hand-made there is a limited amount of biomass available on the map, meaning that with enough determination you could run out of fuel to put in these generators.
- The are ways to regenerate biomass though, by farming loots from hostile creatures which respawn over time, or from a makeshift farm of Lizard Doggos.
- In the early game, around 6 to 10 biomass burners should be sufficient until the coal power is unlocked, if the player did not overbuild.